1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap game of thrones!!

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

It was that long for you? Edit: I could have sworn you had 4th season there
    Actually, that is what got me into the TV series, didn't read the books. I actually was thinking all that old school political back stabbing was interesting and maybe what went on in the old English times. Well that and the T&A. I was already hooked when they showed the white walkers at the end of whatever season it was. At that point I was like WTF are they doing, we already have enough walking dead, vampire, werewolf BS. The story has just gotten more and more ridiculous with the magic and stuff, but I'm in to the end now.

2. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

The opening scene of the first episode, literally the very first thing they choose to show you, is zombies.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Plausible, implausible what huh? I don't even know what you're trying to say now lol.

It's fiction. Not only that, it's fantasy. It's supposed to be fantastical by definition.

Magic and stuff? The series is not even based on planet Earth. You guys are really complicating this lol. It's a fairy tale :D

MELK-MAN likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Look, forget hot chicks that spent the night in a fire and step out in the morning with three baby dragons, or people who conveniently change faces.
    I'm talking about implausible plot lines within this fantasy world. Stuff like people who conveniently keep running into each other as they travel between those places, for instance. I mean, Brienne and Podrick gotta eat and they walk into the one place where Sansa and Littlefinger are having lunch? How many times have we seen stuff like that in the first six years? Like I said, we knew during the first season what we were dealing with. All the righteousness about Ed Sheeran is ridiculous. The story has had bigger problems.

bleacht likes this.
  5. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

You can't deny it had the feel of England in 800-1200. Hell even the shape of Westeros is similar to the English Isles

6. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

The new Christopher Nolan movie, Dunkirk, is opening this weekend and has some kid from a boy band in it. Does that mean you dicks aren't going to see it? Is it going to "take you out of the movie"? :crackup:

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

John is gonna end up having to kill Sansa.

8. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Like why are there so many dudes walking around without junk and why do they reference it every single season? Does everyone know who has junk and who doesn't?

I'm waiting for it this season. It'll come up... Casually... Probably by Ed Sheeran in the next episode. He'll write a song about it.

9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

LOL.. i can't figure out if she's trying to teach him stuff, or just being a bitch. Hoping for the 1st one.

10. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

Jorah who was seeking a healer to fix his stone hand. The chubby dude is going to link up and heal him with dragon stone (which he reads about) and then they are going to travel to dragon lady to fetch more dragon stone to defend against the dead army. At least that's my prediction, oh and Arya is going to kill queen incest and Jaime will work an alliance with Snow through Brienne to also fight the dead.

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

So when the guys from Mastodon made an appearance, it was a publicy stunt also ? They wanted to be on it because they are huge fans.

12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

There has been a severe lack of steamy incest lately.

13. TSAVO5150

TSAVO5150 ASMA #70

And I believe Scott Ian from Anthrax is appearing as a white walker. He was a zombie on TWD before that

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Anyways, I tought the season 7 opener kicked ass. I really like the way the characters that were just kids in the first seasons are coming along nicely and are becoming major players in the game, in their own style. Brilliant. Can anybody confirm if the guy that appeared before Cercei is really Theon Greyjoy's murderous uncle ? He seemed to have been portrayed by a different actor last season...

15. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

It's the same guy, but they cleaned him up a bit and he got hold of some eyeliner so he could do his best Jack Sparrow impression.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  16. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Same actor, just got a haircut and some new clothes. (Yes, and a bunch of eyeliner)

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The North vs. the white walkers is an obvious battle building, but I'm curious how the Lannister side of things play out. Few allies, and it seems like Cersei and Jaime are bound to have some sort of conflict/split eventually, surely with Tyrion in the middle of it with Danny.

The Hound, three-eyed raven, Arya and Little Finger (or whatever his name is) seem to be the wildcards right now, I'm interested to see play out.

Oh yeah - and aren't there one or two dire wolves still around somewhere?

18. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Ayra's direwolf has been running loose since the first season and Jon Snow's is still around.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They will show up at the right place just when it's convenient. But hey, let's get mad about the important stuff: anyone see Ed Sheeran this week? :D

Robby-Bobby and Past Glory like this.
  20. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

He, Lemmy, and most of ZZ Top made an appearance on Deadwood.