1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Hopefully there is room at his table in Hell. I am sure that he would be fun to party with and I am pretty sure that if I am going anywhere it will be down.:D

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

There is, provided you make the right donation to the Clinton Foundation of Hades. Just pay Charon when you cross the river Styx.

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I was hoping that my past misdeeds that are likely my ticket to hell were payment enough...:D

4. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

He can pardon himself.

5. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Another example of the prescience of the Founding Fathers: looking forward to a time when it would be difficult, if not impossible, to find an honest candidate for President.

6. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Now, I am trying to remember back to my last "cyber security" training and classified materials training which was last year some time. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it illegal to use a thumb drive in a government system? Isn't it also a violation to put classified material on a thumb drive or any type of storage device? It is then not in a controlled environment. Having it on a storage device outside of a government approved storage device that is stored in an approved vault is a violation of the law. It is also very illegal to transmit classified information over the internet or to another storage device/computer.

So, how did all of these emails with classified information get on to her hard drive and on to two thumb drives? How were they stored at her attorney's office? Were they in an approved safe/vault? How many potential copies of these thumb drives and servers are out there??

7. chas

chas Well-Known Member

The story I came across yesterday mentioned that her attorney was provided an approved safe to store those in. I am thinking he wanted them out of his office and was pressuring Hillary to okay him handing them over. Hell if I would want to be caught in the middle of this mess client attorney privilege or not. Just like I wouldn't want to be the "mom and pop" internet service provider that put the system together for her then took it down and "wiped" the drive. I'd be handing that shit over in a heart beat, throwing everyone and anyone under the bus to save my own ass :)

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yep approved by Hildebeast. I am doubtful that an attorney has an approved container and facility. Maybe I am wrong but about half of what I have heard from the press on security is wrong.

9. Sacko DougK

I really doubt anyone having an approval to hold TS/SCI material, "just because".

Whatever news source is saying that has no idea what they are talking about, or more heads are going to roll because that is NOT an acceptable reason to have access to such material.

10. chas

chas Well-Known Member

We could only hope...

Something tells me NOTHING will come of any of this :(

11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I think it will be a footnote in her Presidency, and far from the worst crimes that history will uncover about her.

12. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I doubt history will uncover very many crimes about her. Dead men tell no tales. Her ruthlessness and cunning are to be admired, but at the end of the day she only cares about the Advancement of Hillary, not whether the Russians and Chinese are stealing some of our most prized secrets as a direct result of her incompetence.

I do think something can come of this, but only if the Republicans can band together and make something happen. So far I don't see any real will to do it but it's a long way until Election Day. Maybe they think it's a lost cause as well. I think this is going to be something like Watergate that just snowballs at time goes on. The best thing that can happen is for her to survive long enough to win the nomination, then have it gain traction before the general. The only person who can beat her even if she's damaged goods is Trump. It's an amazing moment in American politics, I think if The Donald can win the nomination he can sink her. The email scandal might not kill her but it will weaken her enough to dispose of her by other means.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  13. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Will she have Secret Service Protection in jail?

14. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

A cabinet level secretary can have access to information "just because." They have an inherent need to know. It is quite possible that she had an approved storage device for the level and category of information she is being accused of mishandling.
    Though I find it hard to believe her lawyer had the KTK.

DougK: An APPROVED thumb drive can be inserted anywhere. Classified information can be and is often transmitted over the internet using approved networks and proper cryptography. Think SIPRNet and TACLANES.

15. Sacko DougK

I didn't question her need to know and access to classified material. I questioned her lawyers access to that material "just becasue". Do you seriously think her server, sitting in a bathroom, in Colorado was on SIPRNet or any other secured network? Do you seriously think her lawyer went through the hassle of having his office being approved for TS/SCI storage? I wonder how much time and money that would actually take to get and maintain that? I bet it is more than a lawyer is willing to pay.

Also, I have never seen anywhere that an outside storage device is allowed on any government computer. Especially after a thumb drive was used to infect the DoD system. I have also never seen or heard of anyone bring anything like this into or out of a SCIF. Which, if true that some of these emails were TS/SCI, is of itself a grave concern. The fact that that material would be on a thumb drive in an unsecured location is mind boggling to me. People have been convicted for much less then that.

What her recent jokes and comments show is her lack of concern for security, her lack of sound judgement, and her belief that she is above the law.

16. Sacko DougK

I would just like to add,

If she did nothing wrong, why does her lawyer have it?

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

She didn't want to carry more than one device... :D

18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If she goes to jail, how long can Bill act dejected before the inevitable photo of him passed out on a sorority house floor surfaces?

19. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

DougK yes I have heard of wilder things than this.

She was a cabinet level secretary. They play by different rules. (You know this...) She could have decided that her lawyer had the need to know. Though that would have to be documented in some way.

I wasn't making a comment on her guilt or innocence. I was only making an observation on the technical details.

20. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Go Hillary go!

"But it is not just Clinton's private server that may have contained classified information. The State Department filed court papers Wednesday afternoon saying it "does not believe that any personal computing device was issued by the Department" to Clinton.

"Anytime you're bringing your own equipment and using it for work purposes, it's not as secure as something that's actually issued by the company," CNET senior editor Dan Ackerman explained. "Because they take those laptops, for example, and they pre-configure them, they put their own software on them, tracking software, update software, and they distribute them."

That raises the question, how secure were her personal devices, like her BlackBerry, since they weren't issued by the State Department?"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clintons-communications-problem-may-go-beyond-email/