1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:
    Due to my working with radioactives and explosives it is very likely I have a higher security clearance than the 3rd party data management people. Thats pretty frightening!

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

That is the easy part. The real issue is what her and her assistants discussed that got erased. And all the evidence with it since they were also on her 'convenient' server rather that GFE. This was crooked even for a Clinton. The fast and loose with classified might have occurred even on a government server. It is a systematic issue within the agency for sure. But 'could' be a bad mistake or bad system. The deletion and parallel system is corruption at its finest.

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Oh it's being questioned. This company is shitting its corporate pants for sure and will do anything necessary to save its own skin. If I recall, every offense of mishandling classified information carries a few years in Fed. She did it several thousand times in addition to the perjury and obstruction of justice. Massive security breach doesn't even begin to cover it. The heads of every intelligence and investigative agency and their senior cronies, if they're still there, should all be summarily sacked. I'd prefer executions, but we don't do that here.

Here's a scenario to ponder: What if instead of criminal sanctions, her security clearance is permanently revoked? She couldn't even legally become President in that case. It'd also be a far lower hurdle to cross than putting her underneath Leavenworth as she deserves. At a minimum this is what should happen. Well that's if we are a nation of law and not an utterly corrupt oligarchy.

The best part about destroying her career with a security clearance revocation? The irony. It's an administrative decision by a bureau, not something that needs to be done in a court of law. She and her buddies are all fans of law by regulatory agency instead of statute or criminal trial. Wouldn't it be just delicious if her career were destroyed the exact same way?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  4. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Do you need a security clearance to be POTUS?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't think that's written in the Constitution. :)

6. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Up to 305 now.

We should do a pool, closest to the number without going over wins.

7. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I'm going with 3500 for the win.

8. kangasj

kangasj Banned

It just keeps getting better...

"More than two years after the State Department claimed there were no emails responsive to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request about a close Hillary Clinton adviser’s contact with the media, the Department has informed a judge it has located 17,855 emails that appear to match the criteria."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...17855-missing-hillary-clinton-adviser-emails/

9. kangasj

kangasj Banned

10. SGVRider

Not sure if of how it's enshrined in law, but how can anyone be President if they're explicitly denied access to any sort of classified information?

Edit: Well I Googleplexed it. The President doesn't need a security clearance. He can access whatever is necessary in the discharge of his duties. Well I guess she can't be sunk that way, but I still think she's fucked. If she can slither out of this and get the Presidency, well shit she should be commended.

11. Sacko DougK

I do not believe a convicted felon can be President.

12. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Not sure if answers.com knows shit but..

"The only requirements for presidency of the U.S.:
    Being a natural born citizen of the U.S.
    Being at least 35 years of age.
    Being a permanent resident of the U.S. for at least 14 years.

Article I of the U.S. Constitution gives the Senate the power to disqualify persons who have been impeached from holding federal office. However, there is no mention of the simple state of being a "felon" disqualifying a person from being elected President.
    Apparently there are examples of felons that have run for president. One I found quickly was Lyndon Larouche.
    [MORE]
    Article 2 Section 1 outlines the requirements for president, they are as above. There is no prohibition from a felon running for or holding the office. Link below."

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Clinton’s Emails: Sorting the Substance from the Sizzle

What does all this imply for judgments of Hillary Clinton's email practices? It suggests that although it is fair to question Clinton's judgment in comingling personal and governmental email on a personal server, absent more damning information, the revelation that information classified as Secret or even Top Secret was found in messages on Clinton’s server adds more sizzle than substance to claims that Clinton acted wrongly.

Even if classified information is in messages Clinton sent rather than confined to what she received, there is no good reason to question the honesty (as opposed to the accuracy) of Clinton's claim that she never conveyed classified information in messages sent through her personal server.

Questions of honesty would arise only if Clinton acquired the information from marked documents or in settings where she was alerted to the classified nature of what she was learning. But in transmitting their concerns to the Justice Department, the CIA and NSA Inspectors General noted that the classified information they found was not marked to indicate that secrecy was required.

Just a small excerpt from a lengthy article. Here's a fun, short one if you're not up for the long one.

Clinton’s emails add another ring to political circus

Internet headlines last week demonstrate why Clinton should have maintained her own server and kept her emails confidential. Only days after turning her server over to our government, some of these emails were leaked to the media. Yet the whole time the former secretary of state retained her “private” server the emails remained secure and confidential. :crackup:

14. sheepofblue

:crackup: you might want to rethink that statement in bold

15. sheepofblue

In other words it was the servers fault, darn right wing hardware.

Seriously she has an obligation to spot security issues just like everyone else. Not to mention the lies and destruction of evidence.

The real question is was BJ telling him?
    a) c'mon buddy you ain't really going to toss the old gal in jail
    b) so after the witch is locked up how about we go family style on Michelle

Attached Files:

16. SGVRider

I was wrong, oh well. We're a bunch of yahoos on an inter webs forum, I don't think Federal prosecutors will be looking to us for ideas on how to stick the wooden stake through her cold black heart. :D

As for the articles, I see the point but even if she can get out of conviction for mishandling classified information, there will or should be obstruction of justice and perjury charges. Politically I don't see how she will survive. Pretend she wins the general. This won't go away even after she takes office.

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Damn. Not the most flattering picture of Bill...

18. Sacko DougK

I'm thinking (hoping) there is a catch-22 somewhere that is not in the Constitution. I thought you had to be registered to vote, and a felon cannot vote in federal elections. I would hope that President would be more restrictive than cashier at McDonald's.

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So a felon can't own a gun but can command all US armed forces?
    Makes sense.

20. SGVRider

Bill may have silver hair to match the silver tongue, but I'd bet anything he can still talk the panties off any 19 year old he wants. He'll be an adept pussy hound until he drops dead. Even then, I'm sure he'll get some strange demon ass while he's burning.