1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, it's some day, maybe Friday! What ya listening to? Screw you IYC.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Jul 29, 2011.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

The Moody Blues

ToofPic likes this.
  2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Checking out the GODZ new track Thanatophobia. A little harder edge than my normal listening but I can't fault the musicianship or production. Although I don't know him personally, a co-worker from my company is the drummer.

3. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Donovan and some Ween

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Sunshine Superman is one of the best stalker tunes of all time.

5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

hey motoboy…

from your avatar… I’ve happened across some Avenged Sevenfold that I really like and it’s usually got at least the string quartet in it…

then some of it is like it’s a different band altogether… that I don’t care for at all…

You a fan that has any input on their writing and or selections that are more symphony sounding? or is your avatar just a spoof?

6. motoboy

I saw a Bradley Hall youtube review of their newest album so I checked it out. I love it, but I know nothing about their earlier work.

Bradley is very entertaining.

27 likes this.
  7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

The new Rolling Stones album. It's a legitimate Stones album. Their normal bass player was on tour, so they used four different players. One of them was Paul McCartney on a nasty fuzz bass the producer gave him.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Waylon Napadogan.
    Board? Go find 98 pontiac sunfire on the youspotifytubes and give it a listen. :D

9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Dude I just had to move a 98 Sunfire Convertible that I built in 1999 out of two totaled cars… cut them in half and made one… it was in the family for years and needed up at a family property…

Silly shit… :D

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Both Alices...Cooper and In Chains.

Razr likes this.
  11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Doing the big move now, but nothing but a pickup and countless runs back and forth…….so a steady mix of odd stuff, Nick Lowe->The Jam->Plimsouls->Lisa Kelly(Celtic Woman)->Elvis Costello……..on rotation. Hey, I said it was an odd mix :D

12. motoboy

Grace Jones "Pull Up To The Bumper"

13. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

your town - x ambassadors ...,
    flirted with you all my life - david bazan
    if we were vampires - jason isbell

theres a few treats for your ears today!

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well shit, I thought that was from Patra.

motoboy likes this.
  15. ton

ton Arf!

So, I definitely don’t know all of Bazan’s stuff, but his Pedro the Lion record “Phoenix” is on my list of favorites.
    and I’ll go see Isbell every time he comes to town.

gixer1100 likes this.
  16. ton

ton Arf!

My wife put Fear Inoculum on for dinner music

27 likes this.
  17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Ronny James Dio's solo work.
    The perfect combination of great musicianship, great vocals and eighties total cheesyness makes for awesome listening entertainment...
    Riiiiiiiiiide the tigah !

18. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

It was pretty cool to see Jason play with the Allman Betts Family Revival show at the Ryman Auditorium December 15th. Impressive list of guest artists for that show. Entire tour had various musical legends making guest appearances. I've seen Jason play with the 400 Unit a few years ago, but this was different.

My 'go-to' source for music every day: https://backlandradio.com/

Founder and maestro musical guru Larry Williams recently passed from brain cancer, but his partner is continuing his legacy superbly.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
    gixer1100 and SundaySocial like this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Sounds like somebody wanted in your pants with a move like that :D

20. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Supertramp. 4K remasters and 7.1 sound. If I was still a stoner this would be top 10 playlist.

Once a Wanker.., 27 and R Acree like this.