1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, it's some day, maybe Friday! What ya listening to? Screw you IYC.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Flag. A black flag “cover band” made up of 4 classic black flag members with Stephen egerton on guitar.

Fake Names.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  2. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

“Blues Drive” on Spotify

Classics.

“I ain’t drunk”

3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I was suggesting some bands to a younger cousin and remembered

Grant Lee Buffalo

Acoustical three piece with strong vocals mixing in a plethora of string instruments on their 4 albums and they are really good still as I revisited them all. I saw them twice, the first time as an unknown, opening for Pearl Jam in 92 probably 5k capacity place, the second time as a headliner at a purposely tiny club atmosphere venue. They were really great both times.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Saw Voivod live last Friday and it still kicked ass !

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The only good thing about this thread is that
    it assures I'll be remembered after I take my dirt nap.

motoboy likes this.
  6. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Inhaler. A great new band.

7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The Teskey Brothers... Look nothing like they sound. Like a cross between the BeeGee's and Billy Ray Cyrus. The comedy ends there.

Close your eyes and it's Sam Cooke and Otis Redding with some Clapton. Grab a scotch and sit back for this one.

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

^^Aussies. Long tradition of blues and soul coming from down-under.
    A bunch of bands doing modern-retro soul carrying the torch of the late and great Sharon Jones: The Meltdown, St. Paul and the Broken Bones, Son Little, War and Treaty, The Dip. The list goes on.

9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Heard a snippet of Rhino from Gish that got me into a Jimmy Chamberlin craving and have been going through the smashing pumpkins catalogue to get my fill. I never thought 30 years ago that I’d be loving that music still… I guess some time sigs are timeless after all.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It’ll be funny and also a classic BBS send off. :D

Fishbone the last few days. They released an EP a few months back and it’s freakin’ awesome. I’m not a huge fan of raggae because of the hippies latching on to it but the song “all we have is now” is stupid great. Video is cool as well.

Fishbone should have been one of the biggest bands ever! :mad:

11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Gorilla Biscuits.

12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

You know this thread title is a real bitch to find when you don’t know how messed up the words in it are or what it is… :D anyway found it!

Fleetwood Mac

So I watched listened to a song from the Fleetwood Mac reunion that was on PBS forever ago…. And man they are really good… I got on an hour kick of watching live shows from their heydays in the 70s and it was way better than radio music they’re known for… and Stevie Nicks is by far the weakest link of that band… no question… she must’ve only been there because of the blow… yeah interpret that as you will :crackup:

13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

The Dead Weather
    Raconteurs
    White Stripes

I really like this rock style that I missed when it was made… too busy rolling to techno/trance clubs with skanks and hangers on…

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

And of all things…

Brainiac…

this is a three piece from Dayton OH that we used to go see as punk ass teens at underage music rooms in the early 90s… found them on I tunes and relived some youth for as long as I could take it :D

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The title changed from the original because IYC bitched that people were replying on days other than Friday.

this week has been a lot of drag the river, Lydia loveless (love ya’ @Blammo ), screeching weasel and gaslight anthem (kid was here).
    Also listened to the armed but that was to go to sleep.

16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

That’s funny! Never knew how it happened… I’d just search screw you IYC but that’s probably ten pages worth! :crackup:

There was this repulsive annoying chick at all of those Brainiac shows, like their one groupie… all my buddies called her the screeching weasel… I didn’t know it was a band until a few years ago :D she always had their shirt on… I just thought my buddies were creative and funny… :)

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Don't laugh (go ahead, I don't give a shit).

Tony Bennett. Never knew that dude who our parents listened to, jammed with so many generations of diversified singers.

18. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

:crackup:……….just because you said “don’t “…….:p

Sabre699 likes this.
  19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:moon:

:crackup:

britx303 likes this.
  20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Silversun Pickups….

Again…. Great music with interesting tempos and measures with very unique vocals from the solos to the harmonies in chorus… it really gets my attention

They’re new to me… last 6 mos or so and I really dig them… might have to go see them sometime