1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have your N95 masks yet?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

All of you need to self isolate
    Go ride your bikes for 2 weeks

TurboBlew, Steeltoe and baconologist like this.
  2. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I had lobar pneumonia from MRSA in 1999. It nearly killed me -- 9 days in the hospital with an O2 saturation around 82% when I went in. I was told afterwards that I'd be susceptible to pneumonia for the rest of my life. Not sure if that's still the thought 20 years later. I'd love to know your wife's opinion.

I'd rather not catch a bug that can cause pneumonia.

3. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Can't , gotta save that for TP :crackup:

OGs750 and R Acree like this.
  4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Total number of hospitalizations from regular flu over the past few years in the US. From the CDC.

FluSurv-NET_VirusTypeImage.png

5. ton

ton Arf!

6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Well, my pneumonia passed, then I got bronchitis. Since I'm young and healthy, I simply got told to stay in "isolation" until 72 hours after symptoms have passed. Apparently they have a shortage of test kits in my state and they are saving them for more extreme examples. However, the explanation I got was if I was carrying, I should obviously not be walking around, and if I'm not, then I'm mores susceptible to it anyway and shouldn't be walking around. Since I'm coughing a ton still, I have a mask that I wear when I go to the store. People are absolutely freaked out by it when I cough. I try to go at night when nobody is around.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

:(

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

This thing has the potential to create widespread anarchy and the collapse of society and government in Africa if and when it takes off there. Those countries' medical infrastructures are just not prepared for anything like this.

10. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

lol neither is ours. Italy is #2 says the WHO and is currently at risk of being overrun with cases and having to make decisions on who to ventilate and who not to ventilate based on age/prognosis.

We know a science man at the CDC that works on infectious diseases and shit (ebola, SARS, etc...). he said to watch Italy as ours will probably mirror them, which so far the exponential rates of new infection pretty much have, and Italy will keep good data and release it unlike China. China was hiding info for over a month before coming out and they were not sharing samples, he had to get his from SE Asia. and as with Italy, things might be kinda grim for olds. I'm not overly worried for now, my work made us all prep our remote access and check over stuff today. they might tell us not to come in next week i guess.

11. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

You all need to go to the YouTube video thread and watch the Joe Rogan interview Dan uploaded yesterday.
    It's with an actual expert

Banditracer and scottn like this.
  12. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

well, the “expert” didn’t show his transcript from a prominent university.

pickled egg likes this.
  13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I'll ask when she gets home from work.

Jed likes this.
  14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

He's got credentials up the wazoo, but he's got a history (long history) of vocal fear mongering. Think Peter Schiff MD.

15. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Fear mongering sells better than sex.

16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

My wife is an ER / Trauma nurse at our largest regional hospital here in South Florida. They have 2 confirmed cases, and every nurse that worked with those patients before they were diagnosed has a mandatory 14 day quarantine at home. So my question is- even before the beds fill up, aren't they going to run out of staff??

If you've ever tried wearing an N95, it only works for a few minutes before it's wet- then it's kinda useless.

I wish the bastards in the media would be held responsible for the damage they are doing to our economy. Wishful thinking.

Oh well, I'm going to SEND IT at Daytona this weekend, might as well, since the news says I'll be dead from the virus soon anyway. Even if I survive, I won't have a job since all the airplanes will be grounded. Plus, I'll be out of toilet paper.

Got plenty of booze on standby, of course.

badmoon692008 and baconologist like this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Welp. Travel ban between USA and Europe.

18. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Yea there were a couple where my wife works, I asked if she requested to take care of them? She's worn out from working and taking care of her elderly father, she could use a two week vacation. Sorry everyone, I'm in quarantine. :)

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

NBA season is suspended.

20. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Received a nice message from Graingers today:

"To put the challenge in perspective, over the past few weeks orders for safety masks exceeded our entire on-hand supply by several years, and in some cases, decades."

jrsamples likes this.