1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hamburger Helper

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

rd400racer likes this.
  2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I just hurt myself.

3. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

that will be someones wife from hell.

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

CTS flare-up? “Rug” burn?

Ice. Advil. Rest.

5. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Please try to refrain from masturbating while I'm on the same forum. Just seems a lil creepy.

6. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

It’s not bad in a pinch. But, after my Mom’s sliced beef version with real sour cream, it’s not the same. Now, you can leave out the pasta on the Stroganoff Helper, and with toast you have SOS. Add a little extra black pepper btw.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

"Nothin' but the best!"

[​IMG]

wsmc42 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, same here. That being said I do make my own, kind of as an F you to crappy food as a kid :D

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

When I moved to the Atl back in '84, the guy I came here to work for had his son in the shop for the summer working, he was like me in his 20's, one day we were talking and he was telling a story describing some people he had met..."You know, the kind of people who eat Hamburger Helper".....I stopped him and said, "Hey, I eat hamburger helper"...."Yeah, but not because you have to"....
    The conversation didn't get any better...it spoke volumes to me..and still does.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Dad's an old, OLD school hillbilly, and thankfully, never allowed mom to use that kind of stuff. Manwich either. Though I learned at an early age, that fried taters go with EVERYTHING!

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's like the kind of people who eat White Castle.....

[​IMG]

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Uh, no. You're fucking wrong. Sliders are a delicacy.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Truth.

Now I'm really hungry :(

15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Shake and bake and hamburger helper. 2 things I grew up on, that I have yet to buy as an adult. It's not because I eat steak and lobster every night, but the wife and I are both good cooks so we just make up our own shit. Mom had a rotation of about 6-8 dishes and that was about it. Next time I go shopping I'm going to pick up a box of helper for old time sake.

One poor boy staple we had growing up was split pea soup with grilled cheese sandwiches. I still make that shit all the time. :) You can feed an entire family with that for like $2.99

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I had HH once.

17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

My mom used to make mac & cheese and used Aylmer's tomato soup as sauce. Very cheap to make but man did we love that stuff as kids.

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

HH didn't exist when I was a kid.

I do make hamburger stroganoff but not using HH.
    It reheats great. Three days of eating. Good to take to work for lunch.

19. condon66

condon66 Member well known

My mom doesn't eat for any other reason than to survive. She has no appreciation for food so, as a kid we weren't exposed to much of what I would call good food. For example, steak was a piece of meat about 11"x8", about a 1/4" thick, placed on a cookie sheet and broiled in the oven till it was outrageously overcooked. Yummy. When I was older and had my first grilled, medium-rare, quality, thick cut of steak, I couldn't believe what the hell I had been missing! But I could count on one hand how many times she didn't prepare supper. Literally.

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It's what's for dinner.

Sabre699 likes this.