1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hamburger Helper

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Nov 19, 2018.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

It’s only creepy if your mouth was watering while you were typing your response.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

FTFY

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Damn you......now I'm craving some jalapeño cheeseburgers!

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Grilled cheese goes with mater soup, for split pea you need grilled ham and cheese :D

Don't waste you money on the HH from the store, it's actually gotten worse. On that note - when the hell did Kraft start shrinking the size of the mac noodles in mac and cheese and why?

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Not mutually exclusive, lol.

6. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I've heard the smaller noodles are manufactured to absorb more water during cooking so you end up with roughly the same serving size. It was on the Internet somewhere so it is probably true.

7. condon66

condon66 Member well known

You seem familiar.:crackup:

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Heard a radio show the other day where they interviewed Chefs and asked them what to avoid at restaurants. #1 item was well-done steaks. If someone orders well done, they give them what ever low quality piece of meat they have laying around as they know it doesn't matter. LOL

rd400racer likes this.
  9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I am with Chrome Dome on this one. I like the Stroganoff. But I usually add more sour cream and some extra garlic to it.

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Grilled cheese and tomato soup was for another night of the week....

I don't even buy actual Kraft dinner anymore. Just macaroni and cheese powder from the bulk store lol. Sometimes I like to get fancy and use fusili or something else :)

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Sometime soon, Br0om3 is going to discover this thread and fill it with velveeta uppercuts...

12. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

We were a shake & bake family in the 70s and 80s. One of my favorite meals on the non-meat days was hash-burgers. My folks would open a tin of hash, slice it into burger shaped discs and pan fry them. Then on a bun with cheese, pickles and mustard.

I tried it as an adult for old times sake. :Puke:

I also tried Milwaukee's Beast as an adult to remember the college days. :Puke:

Never been poor/trendy enough for PBR.

rd400racer likes this.
  13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

But I don’t remember.

14. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Hamburger helper is gross. Some classic mac+cheese, cook some ground beef, add honey bbcue to the beef, and combine. That's all you need.

15. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

I use to live off of Helper in college.

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

We were sloppy Joe's and "Spanish" rice. It wasn't until I was older that I found out moms rice recipe...she mixed ketchup into it:Puke:

I'm proud to admit I've never eaten HH.

17. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

My adult version is cutting up a sausage or 2, box of Spanish rice or red beans n rice, maybe onion or peppers let simmer in iron skillet till done. :).

The worst part oh HH was dad would conbine all the leftovers, veggies, HH, even banquet frozen chicken into a iron skillet on Thursday and that was dinner.

And I mean ALL the leftovers...... :(

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

:crackup:

19. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I forgot, they put tomato sauce on them too.

20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Well just had leftovers again. Tired of it. I'm going to Bojangles in the morning. EFF HH.