1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gun Control Activist David Hogg Accepted to Harvard

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Timothy Landon, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

There was time when what you said was true, but what are we to believe when we hear about all the crap that goes on today? I got my degree in the early 70's in nuclear engineering. Busted my ass in the stacks studying. My son did the same getting his BSEE and MSEE about 15 years ago. He now resides in a college town in Oregon and tells me what goes on there. He is flabbergasted at what most (many?) of the students get away with and still graduate. I guess these delinquent students might still study when not out protesting and partying but then they cancel finals week due to some BS event...what then? Challenges and hard work pay off in preparing you for life's curve balls that you will be thrown. I don't want to think how the current generation will cope. Sure, some will still rise to the top but it's the average person who must carry the weight for society in general.

jrsamples likes this.
  2. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Careful with that assumption.

Yale commencement – 2001. . .I suspect a lot of the feelings expressed here about him getting in have something to do with this clip.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're right, what would I know anyway? I only graduated from 25% of the Ivy League's schools. That's probably not enough data to have an opinion.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  4. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Sweet. So they hand out degrees there? So you sent in your payments and they sent you degeees 5 years later?

That’s a lot different than us commoners that went to state universities.

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

We're gonna need to see that report card...

... from those Prominent Universities.

:D

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Obviously, reading comprehension must not be a requirement, if you are representative of state universities products. Good thing that there are plenty more people who prove that wrong.
    There is nothing in my post that said or even suggested that he could sit on his hands for four years and get a degree. I said it's not that hard. The assumption there being that he actually wants to graduate. Ridiculous, I know. Why should he be expected to want to graduate? Silly me.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I said I graduated. I didn't say I was any good. :D

8. ineedanap

I read it fine. Now keep pushing that agenda of yours with generalizations and half truths...

9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

ridicalus

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't be salty because your attempt at showing some kind of exclusive knowledge...
    ...backfired on your ass. :crackup:

11. ineedanap

Believe what you want. :) I didn’t care if you did or not, which is why I said most.

Although I am surprised. I figured someone with multiple Ivy League degrees should have better stuff to do in this world than mod a motorcycle forum.

12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Bring out the nukes!

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The WERA money is too good, and I like talking to commoners. They used to shine my race bike. Good people.

sheepofblue and ineedanap like this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Shall I peel you a grape?

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I heard the WERA money was real good, with the offshore accounts and all. :D

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Only if you're getting one for yourself, Alfred. You know the Château Thiam rule.
    Quiet, man! As far as the IRS knows, we only do this because we're hanging out here for fun anyway.

crashman likes this.
  17. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I feel bad for this kid in a way. Lots of people had ridiculous views when they were young. This day and age, everything is recorded and broadcast all over the place, and thus they are locked into history.

Now, he'll go to the gigantic echo chamber that hast become the academic world and will never have a chance to change those views.

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I dunno man... My only ridiculous view in my ute was that Krokus was a good band.

crashman likes this.
  19. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

He's famous, he can never have a normal boring life now. Always being bothered by people, both well-meaning and mean-spirited...that's the price of fame.

20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

No Jedediah Purdy, then?

Gino230 likes this.