1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GD it Yelp!

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Sep 29, 2019.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Anyone know of anyone successfully suing those assholes for economic damages?

2. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Negative review?

3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

South Park had an episode based on Yelp reviews...

5axis likes this.
  4. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Aren't they like an online mafia? If you don't pay for their services, they make it hell for you.

motion likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds like the Better Business Bureau.

JBraun and 418 like this.
  6. river rat

river rat Well-Known Member

If you don't pay them they leave your bad reviews up if you have any and take your good reviews down. They are garbage people.

7. Dom17

Dom17 Well-Known Member

That's extortion. How is that a legal practice? What do they charge for a favorable set of reviews?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

motion likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's their website, they're under no legal obligation to be accurate.

What I can't believe is anyone actually uses Yelp for more than the search function of what is near you.

K51000 and BigBird like this.
  9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yelp is useless. Pretty much any online reviews are useless because nobody ever posts on them unless they're pissed off, and 99% of that is because they bought the wrong product or are using it wrong.

99% of the good reviews are either the business owner or his friends/employees.

TurboBlew and K51000 like this.
  10. Dom17

Dom17 Well-Known Member

I guess it's the argument of content hosting providers like YouTube vs publishers. A publisher can be held liable for something they post where a platform provider like YouTube is not responsible for what their creators post. But when you selectively choose what is visible that starts to blur the line.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

K51000 likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Same with Amazon reviews although you can usually get a decent feel for which ones are worth reading and which are stupid people bitching because they're too stupid to order the proper product.

12. No wonder why when I look at the results I didn’t win every race I entered :) yes I know that’s a different leagal issue

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Isn’t a yelp the sound a dog makes when you step on it in the middle of the night shuffling to the shitter to demonstrate the extent of your prostate’s swelling?

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the only ones who believe yelp reviews are the ones who cite Weekly World News articles on the existence of Bat Boy.

14. Amazon reviews are useless with the exception of giving you a better feel for confirming the human race is doomed.

15. auminer

If you're shitting because of your swollen prostate, then.... yelp.

:crackup:

tiggen and K51000 like this.
  16. auminer

Except for the reviews of the sugar-free gummi bears... in keeping with the shitty theme of the thread. :D

BigBird likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I see you’re shitting from your fingertips this fine Sunday morning... :Poke: ;)

18. river rat

river rat Well-Known Member

Not sure, I wouldn't give them a dime. I eventually got them to stop with the constant harassing phone calls.

19. auminer

You know what they say.... ain't nuthin new under the sun.

:beer:

20. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Even if you do, it doesn’t help.