1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GD it Yelp!

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Sep 29, 2019.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Dude...WTF.

That is some messed up shit they got going on....

to hell with suing they need some 3ft screw driver action for that.

motion, Dom17 and K51000 like this.
  2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

like?? They comb websites for accomplished trolls & folks with idle time on their hands...lol
    Some English dudes exposed their silly rating system by creating an exclusive cafe in their backyard toolshed... was a top rated Yelp estabalishment in weeks even though they hadnt served anyone.
    My dad is one of those idiots that believes "Yelp" reviews... has the app and all. :rolleyes:

3. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Never heard of a successful lawsuit. They’ve successfully defended their business model a number of times, against some well funded legal teams. Yes, generally everyone agrees that it amounts to extortion, but they’ve clung to a few technicalities that no one, that I know of, has successfully overcome. Defending their business model is one of their primary skills, and their team is well funded and well practiced at it. Unless you have seriously deep pockets and are a crusader, you’re probably better of using your resources to mitigate their negative effects. It sucks.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was watching a news magazine's investigative report on Yelp last year. Trying to fight them is an uphill battle. Even for a restaurant that reviews (negative, shocker) before it opened! A competitor turned out to be involved, if I remember correctly.

5. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Didn't STG say this? Someone left a shitty Yelp review, and Yelp approached him with a "way to fix it", for some money.

ducnut likes this.
  6. Dom17

Dom17 Well-Known Member

This is all really insightful. I had no idea they were such scumbags.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

7. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Does Yelp have it's own Yelp? It would be great to review their business :beer:

Phl218 likes this.
  8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Holy shit Motion, they're screwing you bad. Wish they had a house that we could burn down.

Yeah, and fuck Jen. Stoopid asshole.

They used Al's photo, but not his positive review. :crackup: You can't make this shit up.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    motion and TurboBlew like this.
  9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Post the link and we can post some good ones

10. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

P.T. Barnum was right

11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Added my 2 cents..... On Yelp

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    motion likes this.
  12. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Worth trying, but if I remember right, they successfully defended the practice of ‘hiding’ many good reviews anf only ‘revealing’ them if a business pays.

13. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

motion likes this.
  14. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

just keep using google reviews... looks like you are 6 for 6 on responses.

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

3 reviews and the only 5 star one was a Mexican restaurant in Eau Claire, WI ... and confesses she usually doesnt leave Yelp reviews but there is a 66.6% chance of leaving negative press??? Holy crap! :rolleyes:
    I did giggle about the sexual harrasment some chick claimed on Yelps own review page & the screen shots of the messages/compliments...lol. If she's a troll...she got the hysterical hormonal thing down pat!! :D

motion likes this.
  16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yelp is the home of my company’s only negative review. 1 star from a lady 2000 miles away in effing Sacramento who claimed my dispatcher was racist against Native Americans.

Oh yeah, said dispatcher is, you guessed it, Native American.

RichB and noles19 like this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Normally, I wouldn't care because most people know Yelp is a scam, but if you're on an iPhone and using Apple Maps, they show the Yelp star rating right there with your business info. I'm kinda surprised Apple would do that, but I guess they don't have any alternative.

Jen and 2 of her friends tied up my bikes for 3 months with their reservation, she gets pregnant and wants her deposit back. Normally, I consider myself to be pretty flexible and understanding, but she was a 100% bat-shit crazy beyotch on the phone and threatened to do me great economic harm if I didn't give her $66 back RIGHT NOW, so I said hell with it, I don't care, but I am not giving you your money back. I'm an asshole that way, I guess :)

I have my cancellation policy in several places and we know that nice guys who suck up to everyone don't last, so it is what it is. Everyone else has been cool about it, including the person that rented a bike, made it 200' down the road and dumped it, came back and wanted their money back. I gave her the money back hoping she might return next summer to crash another bike. Hahaha.

People, WTH you just have to love them.

But if this Yelp BS isn't extortion, I don't know what is. Can't believe this stuff still goes on.

Oh ya had to add... I'm difficult to get ahold of because I was at the Mugello MotoGP weekend so its kind of hard to answer the phone in the middle of the night while I'm sleeping in a tent and there are M80s going off all around you.

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

LOLOL LMAO

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Tell her she needs to tone down the review or you'll publish her address and a bunch of dudes will be by to shit on her porch.

Hopefully she lives in CA where it wont be considered illegal...

:D

20. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

I think this thread has way more potential to damage your business than any single yelp review does.