1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Jul 5, 2013.

1. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

bought gas for 28.9 at the mojo down the street cause the chevron where i worked charged 32.9. smokes in the cig machine were .35 a pack and beer was .39 a quart. bought my panhead for $400 and spent about 800 too chop and paint. the good old days when $10 bought 2 weeks worth of good smoke.
    tim

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Cassettes? Pff. I used to have to jam a folded up matchbook under my EIGHT TRACK tapes to get them to play right.

Cassettes. Pff.

3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

gas in downtown is over 5 bucks, clubs are 40 at dance clubs, rock clubs are still like 13 bucks on off nights. skys the limit for any nigt with a well known band/artist. we had afrojack at playhouse last summer and they were charging 140 at the door and tables were 5k minimum. Rolling Stones did an impromptu show at a small venue here a few months ago and you couldn't even get in if you didn't have a plug. studio lofts start at 15-1600 in downtown

Smokes are 8 bucks

I quit smoking a few weeks ago

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  4. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

oh, so you are comparing a stock z28 to a built motor car! gotcha.
    the funny thing is, a heads/cam z28 is actually cheaper than a built b20 swapped civic.

most are daily drivers also.

5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

cheapest I saw gas when I had my first car was $0.88

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

O please. You're like 2 years older than me. And Shaneekwalonda would never let you play with matches.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You fancy rich folks didn't have to buy old cars with 8 tracks in em tho.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's what I thought of as soon as I read Toes post. If it didn't break you considered yourself lucky, get the pencil out. Kids today, they don't realize what we had to put up with. :D

9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Maybe now its cheaper, but not when they were new and I was into the scene. and I'm sorry I didn't know there were rules in street racing (which is what I was referring to in the first place) that said I couldn't race against a stock vehicle.
    Even then a built car versus a built car doesn't mean shit if the better cars owner sucks at driving. I won some I lost some. I'm over it. And I'm over this argument

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The truck had 8 track and CB. The cars didn't have radios (that worked). I was graduating high school before we had cable lol.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

As long as we're going down this road, first vehicle.

Mine was a 66 Chevy pickup, straight 6 250 and 3 on the tree. I traded a bred heifer and a $100 for it.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All of that sounds extremely familiar :D

13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

No Confederate flag?

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Well sheeeit, my first car stereo was an FM converter that I put in my moms Vista Cruiser when I turned 16.

Sounded sweet coming out of the 4" paper cone speaker in the dash.

15. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

yep, FM converter and it was a whole new world. Gas .65 and then the oil embargo and you couldn't buy it at any price.
    MetalHead, get the head adjusted in your 8-track so you don't need the matches. And could you fix the tape when one of those got eaten? Cassettes were childs play!
    CL350 Honda, cause I coldn't afford car insurance on 2.35 an hour.......winter sucked.

16. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Gas was .99

Hey Cortez, how much was a 6 of Zima when you started driving?

17. backcountryme

Gas was .99
    First ride was a 1974 ford ranger with a 390. Burned oil as fast as it burned gas.

Hey Cortez, how much was a 6 of Zima when you started driving?

18. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

:crackup:

i remember all the girls drinking zima with jolly rancher in the bottle back in the day.

19. backcountryme

All the girls in burleson Texas drank Boon's Farm Strawberry Hill.

20. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

No clue I didn't really start drinking until I was 27. By then zimas were expensive as shit :D