1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Jul 5, 2013.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Damn, You are old!:Poke:

:D

2. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

that nice lady gave me a baby blue rizla backpack!

I think i grinned when i saw that, because i thought of how much you would want it! :D

I will use to store shit when I ride around on my zx10r. :crackup:

see, I do support motorcycle racing...i am practically a sponsor!

3. The illuminated weed signal must need a new bulb. I figured Ganja dude would have swooped in to this thread by now.:D

4. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

please, blunts and joints are too lowbrow for his ass....he most likely takes weed oil intravenously.

5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Eff you old timers.

I started driving when shit was 2 bucks, smokes were 5, and the movies were 8
    making 350 a week with a 500 dollar car payment and a 250 insurance. First car was a 2000 electron blue honda civic Si
    But somehow I had more disposable income then? Wth

6. In defense of my youthfulness, it was $.99 when I started driving, but doubled within a short time.:D

7. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I remember that car...my brother had that car...b16 torque machine :D...i think everybody had that car in blue.

He actually chose that car over a new z28...stupid kid.

I can totally see you driving that car. :D

8. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

But you only made $108/week.:Poke:

9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Pfft. After modifying the motor and suspension I use to break off z28's by bus lengths. Had the motor sleeved, built & cryoed, running on a mixture of propane and nitrous. Thing was a fucking monster. The spot we use to work on our cars was owned by an old timer who built NASCAR motors. He gave us a lot of tips.
    use to make some damn good money at the longbeach/Compton street races handing high end cars their asses

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I had a Honda CL360 when I was 14. I think gas was about .38 cents a gallon. I could fill the bike up and get change back from two dollars, then ride all over the world for two weeks.

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Funny, I don't remember precisely what gasoline cost waaaaaaay back then, but I am absolutely certain that Lucky lager (General Brewing Co., Vancouver WA) was 1.99 for a 12-pack of 11 oz. stubbies. :beer:

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

started driving in 83, so whatever prices were in N Carolina then

13. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

save that bs for somebody who doesnt know any better. :D

a built b18c5 (itr motor) in crx bodies were barely able to get into the 10s NA and 9s with a healthy wet shot.

a b18c5 is much much stronger motor than a b16 ever was, mod for mod.

now a regular ls1 6sp z28 with a healthy cam and some good heads were doing 9s all day long...NA!

my first high 8 second street car was a heads/cam/nitrous 2000ss 6spd.

how much power does sleeving and cryo treating give you? :crackup:

rice burners :crackup:

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I will be on the lookout. Expect a Dovisioso style kick. :moon:

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I never said I kept the b16. and I never said I ran 10's. I said I broke off high end cars and american. Z28s ran low 13's stock

My car ran low 11's on a built b20 with a healthy nitrous shot. Which is very respectable for a daily driven honda rice burner built by a kid with a minimum wage job and doing his own wrenching

16. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

around 40 cents for one of our bigger canuck galloons...pack of smokes was around the same price
    Also remember driving to Daytona the 1st time for about 45 bux...now a hundred wont even get me to the border

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Cortez, when I lived in Hollywood back in 89-90, I don't remember what gas was but, smokes were like $4, it cost $10 to get in a club with $6 beer, and a one bedroom apartment WITHOUT cockroaches was $900. I don't even want to know how much shit has skyrocketed since then.:(

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Having a cassette tape be "eaten" before you could save it. Cutting out the mangled bit and splicing it back together.

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Let's see now, when I got my first car (1955 Ford) gas was about .25 cents per gallon, A pack of Lucky Strikes was about the same, Beer, when it finally became available locally, was about 4 bucks for a case of 24, and A nice date with a movie, dinner in Abilene and gas to go there and back was about 10 or 12 bucks.

All you young punks can suck it. (cept DaveK, he's an upstanding guy.):)

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And using a pencil to wind it back up...