1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full electric F150

Discussion in 'General' started by nlzmo400r, May 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

https://www.lightstream.com/
    If your credit is good you can get an unsecured loan for 2.49% for 3 years (rates go up a bit for longer terms). Nice not having to dick with the lender holding the title- and I can tell you from experience they don't ever ask for any proof of what you bought and where (choose "buying used from a dealer" for best rate). You can get 2 loans at any time too.

BigBird likes this.
  2. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

The Rivian appears to be pretty damned good off-road, check the YT thread

3. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I do like that Rivian is backed by Amazon

BigBird likes this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

TBH, I never really thought about a 3rd party lender up here. Might be something we look into when the van comes in January. Still have time to sort out some options. I do like the idea of there not being lien on it, but unless there's anything major that goes wrong with it, we'll drive it till death, so having the lien and trying to sell it isn't that big of a deal.

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

There's your problem. I only buy "real" gas that is measured in gallons.

Don't cry if you buy an electric Musk and get into an accident. Or if it get shut down by software for no apparent reason.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  7. YamahaRick

Looks like they are based in GA and associated with SunTrust, now known as Truist Bank.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Why? So it can get stolen off your porch?

StaccatoFan likes this.
  9. YamahaRick

I'm sure he means they have valid financial security.

And that the truck will be spec'd so you can bang a girl in it while doing your deliveries.

10. Dan Dubeau

It'll be self driving, and it can supplement the payments by doing deliveries when you're not using it.

TurboBlew, BigBird and pickled egg like this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Oh. So it delivers itself back home after it gets stolen. That’s some kickass technology.

12. Dan Dubeau

They teamed up with Mark Rober and there's a giant glitter bomb in the center console

13. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Amazon already has those spec-trucks in Florida...

BigBird likes this.
  14. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

Our gallons are 4 litres, your gallons are 3.78 litres, so we win and our gas is more real than yours.

Although I'm not a fan of the the Rivian front end (sides and rear are fine), the interior is glorious. A good friend of mine works at Rivian and I sat in it, absolutely love the green interior. Unfortunately it's too cost prohibitive otherwise I would get one.

15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Remember Ohms Law so you can calculate how much battery you will lose in Canuckistan as the winter temps drop.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

So basically 5 miles in the Big Igloo

17. StaccatoFan

Yes that will be the range on a full charge in the sub zero temps.

BigBird likes this.
  18. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Too lazy to research, but I think the problem is more that most (any?) battery delivers less amperage as the temperature drops, rather that reducing the total capacity of the battery. Remember the old dodge of leaving the headlights on for a bit when it's too cold for the motor to crank? As the battery drains, it heats up, enabling a greater amperage. (TBH, never lived where it was cold enough to care/try this.)

So, you may be able to go as far, but you'll only be able to do 30 mph the first half hour...

19. Dan Dubeau

Silicone heating mat to wrap the battery with. Use a small bit of juice to bring them up to proper operating temp. Simple.

20. StaccatoFan

You basically just stated Ohm's Law, my friend.

As temperature drops, impedence/resistance to current flow rises. Thus, the flow of amps is reduced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.