1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Paula Deen!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Nope. If a school has football, it'll have a black dude. Case in point:

http://www.scadathletics.com/sports/2008/9/15/IM_flagfootball.aspx :D

2. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

4. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I think people should focus a lot less on the use of the word nigger and much more on how Paula Dean's attitudes about blacks could have effected her position as an owner of a business that employs blacks. She stands to lose much more than just TV deals on this one.

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Websters dictionary:

someone please show me where Paula fits ANY of this definition? Just using the word, does NOT make you racist.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And just what are her attitudes about blacks?

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

She could stop making money right this second, close all of her restaurants, and still live better than nearly everyone here for the rest of her days.

She did something stupid a long time ago. What does it matter in the real world? If I was that old and fucking pc police tried to pull this shit on me I'd call a press conference and tell them all to fuck off, bend over and moon them, then smash the mic and walk away into the sunset.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What attitude about blacks? Not seeing any of her employees of color saying anything anywhere about how she's acted badly towards them. Just one white chick talking about her brother.

9. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

As you guys climb all over each other to correct me I would ask that you read what I wrote again. I never said that fatass was racist. What I was attempting to say, rather poorly I guess, is that all this court of public opinion stuff around word use and other issues will have a tremendous impact on her court case.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That I agree with, however that ain't close to what you said the first time around :crackup:

Now on to the name calling of fat people... WTF?

11. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I know. I read what I wrote again and see how each of you read it. Sorry, poor communication on that one.

I never called fat people anything. I called one fat woman whom I do not like a fatass. It was not my intention to offend any of our heavier friends.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I couldn't resist pointing that out :crackup: Yeah I'm fat, so what.

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

But you seem so sensitive about it!:D

14. DonDDR

DonDDR Well-Known Member

:stupid:

15. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

What bothers me is the way she's excoriated for allegedly saying the same word that others get paid to say.

And the only difference is the color of their skin.

That, to me, is the definition of "double standard."

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed on that one. And so far I'm not seeing anywhere she's said nigger as a comment directed at anyone. Hell, still not understanding what the big deal is. Her brother did the stupid shit and should pay, she's getting screwed because he's a moron.

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

If the apples are bad, Cut Down The Trees.....

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This actually brings up an interesting (to me) point. She gets robbed at gunpoint and tells her husband (probably in anger) that she was robbed by a nigger. Flex is disgusted by her and calls for (in anger) a fatass.

There's only one conclusion from this: anger brings out people's true feelings. :D

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  20. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

:stupid: