1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

I do it often, I do it because its the right thing to do......and for free
    expecting nothing in return except the satisfaction of knowing I helped someone. No union to protect me, no code of silence to protect my "brothers" when they screw up, no tax payer dollars used, no guns, no intimidation. So, with all due respect, kiss my ass MFer

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  2. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Monte, have you been giving a few panhandlers your spare change again? By golly! You're a veritable paragon of virtue.

3. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Ten dollar word and five dollar word in the same sentence, impressive.

4. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

You boys better put your purses down before someone gets their feeling hurt. :D

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:crackup:

Some folks certainly do get bent and most seem to be the non-uniform persuasion, I don't know why but I find that amusing sometimes. :D

6. kangasj

kangasj Banned

7. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Yeah this one's pretty bad...
    Just like the 8 LAPD that get off scott free, I'd be pretty pissed if there were no ramifications for this action.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That incident is definitely a bad one, but just for the record, this wasn't an FTP thread, but instead a question about how the pov cameras would affect policing and their interactions with the public.

9. DuncR6

DuncR6 BCICAN

A camera would definitely help here. Either she'd be going to jail for murder or the kid got what he deserved. Either way, it'd be an open/shut case.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Tragic situation where several things appear to have gone wrong at the same time. I know that some of you police haters only see what you want to see so it's a moot point to argue with you however, look at the situation from the opposite side of the door.

Two officers are serving a warrant at an address where known trouble will most likely be waiting. They knock on the door. When the door opens one officer is shot in the stomach. While lying on the floor bleeding out the officer mumbles, "damn, I thought he had a game controller in his hand."

11. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Can definitely put some blame on the dad for being a POS on probation then violating that causing the cops to be there in the first place. Still the cop definitely fucked up, probably a good guy that thats gonna have a really tough time with this.

12. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

Funny how they never said they recovered a bb gun or gun that the kid supposedly had.............

13. kangasj

kangasj Banned

God I get tired of the excuses. She shot a kid with a game controller. It was wrong. She was trigger happy. Why can't you except that? I am not buying the "it's better to shoot one kid with a game controller than let a cop get shot." story. Fuck that. Now tell me why it was right for the LA cops to unload the rounds into that pickup when they were hunting for Dorner. Jesus..... "There was as rogue cop threating other cops....it was worth firing on unarmed citizens just in case it was Dorner in the truck..."

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Kang....I'm NOT saying this was the case but what if that game controller was black instead of the images that were depicted earlier?

What if Dad is an enormous POS who hangs with other known POS's?

I throw these out there not to say I'm right you're wrong but just things to think about before you condemn anyone before having ALL the available facts/info.....might be a wiser way to live life or at least while weighing in on things in the news.

Well, that could be because there's a pending investigation....Ya think?

15. rc-rick

rc-rick Well-Known Member

In regards to Deputy Dinkheller’s murder, he was killed because he was afraid to lose his job. From my understanding, not to long before he was killed, he had a prior incident in which he drew his weapon on a traffic stop. I think he only pulled it out of the holster, didn’t actually point it. That person who he pulled it on was friends with the mayor or an alderman of the city. He ended up getting written up for pulling his weapon. With that fresh in his mind, not wanting to get written up again or losing his job, I’m am sure that is what lead to him not pulling his weapon out before the old man got back to his truck and pulled the rifle out. It’s a sad case of not allowing an officer to do his job and get backed by the admin.
    On a rare occasion I will draw on a traffic stop and hold it by my leg. If the spidey senses are kicking in, I’m going to prepare myself the best way possible. Having the weapon already unholstered reduces that time if needed. I do have admin who will back me up on my decision if I felt the need to do so.

16. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

Funny how when cops do it right they can release evidence right away , but when there isn't I always hear the same excuse .

Ever wish you lived in the Ukraine so you could be having real fun on the job ?

17. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

That broad statement is painted with the wrong brush. I can name time and time again where the police where right, but the officer gets ridiculed for months by the defense, press, etc... until the truth comes out.

My rookie year I was accused of federal civil rights violation by someone with an agenda. I was under IA for 9 months and when everything came out in the wash I shined like a diamond in a goat's ass. But I had to keep my mouth shut until his criminal trial and civil end of the investigation where done.

18. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

You don't seem to understand the difference in the role of a police officer compared to a civilian. A cop does not have the luxury of "assuming" that they are perfectly safe with they knock on every door that they come to. The officer wasn't knocking on the door of a friend. When an officer is charged with the responsibility of serving an arrest warrant (one of the most dangerous duties) he is not expecting to be greeted at the door by mother Theresa offering cookies. I can guarantee you that that that officer was consumed with a very heightened sense of dangerous expectations.

We don't know at this point if the kid actually had a gun in his hand or not so all we can do is argue from a point of ignorance. The cop apparently thought he did have a gun and acted instantly.

I am not "making excuses" for that officer. I'm merrily pointing out that mistakes can happen when dealing with a situation like that. Live with it.

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

To add fodder to the fire I would almost bet that the city was in a mood to crack down on jaywalkers in that area (since they had apparently already issued a few) and when this woman ran across the street the police approached her. Since she had her headphones on and could not hear anything except her music, she was detained in order to impress on her that her own safety was in peril. Her, on top of being dumb enough to be running down the street endangering herself because of the inability to hear what was happening around her, escalated the issue by being belligerent.

How's that for an idea? :)