1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You've always been the guy.

2. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I really wish @ryoung57 would stand where I marked with a blue dot on his drawing to prove you can't get hurt by a car if not standing in front of it. His own drawing shows where the rear wheel travels, and can run over a foot or body if someone is knocked down by a car. Hell, I will volunteer to drive the car, if ryoung57 will stand there to prove you can't get hurt. I mean, if you can't get hurt, you surely have nothing to fear, right? :D

Inked8-Turn-1_LI.jpg

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So he should lose sight of the guy trying to run him over now?

Oh my lord you keep stretching further and further to prove the cop evil.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I will gladly stand there. And when the car bumps me, I'll either move back or if it bumps me too hard, I'll fall backward and my momentum will carry me out of harms way. All day.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Do the cars down in Georgia not have side windows?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What he SHOULD have done, was step back and to his right, increasing the distance and, improving his position of safety, and keeping a clear view of the suspect.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not since the 60's/70's and old vans that I know of do they have them by the front wheels. As a cop, doing a felony stop of a stolen car, I wouldn't allow even the loss of sight caused by the A pillar, that's how you get dead. Just like trying to run over a cop gets you dead.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Step back where? Towards the bumper? Giving the bad guy more room for more speed before he gets hit?

No thanks.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why is this funny?

11. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Have we touched on the shooting out the tires scenarios yet? :Poke:

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You don't know your right from left?

He would have moved to the yellow box. It would be safer for him and provide a clearer shot if the suspect pulled a gun.

Overhead 2.jpg

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He was looking through the windshield, going to the side loses sight of the bad guy for a time, long enough to get dead. He didn't actively try to block the front of the car until he had already been forced to shoot the bad guy trying to run him over. Going backwards for him would be as he did as the car is hitting him.

And if you're still insisting you can't get run over in the blue box you're never ever going to actually understand logic and reality in this one.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because you are nuts. I already explained that didn't I? Laughing goes along with ridicule :D

Oh I see the issue, you had another reply in between what I was responding to, I did the quote thing to clarify my laughing. Sorry about the confusion.

15. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Sweeeeeeeet. Mongo and I now have permission to run your ass over! :beer: :crackup:

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 5.15.34 PM.png

I'll give you the cop was more to the side at one point however still hittable with ease. I still want to know how that car is supposed to fit through that spot.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No it doesn't. This guy isn't smart enough or tactically sound enough to even process that, and you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.

Why is it so hard for you to admit that this cop shot this guy because he didn't want him to get away? It's THAT FUCKING SIMPLE. Occam's Razor - all day. He was amped up because he was responding to a "stolen car", they guy did not comply with his orders (how dare he?), he tried to escape, so Officer Badass shot the evil criminal. And now you and the other's in here are trying to justify it.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You can't judge depth on that. There was clearly room to get through there, because he did. It also looks like the cop was initially AT THE WINDOW, so he "lost view of the suspect through the A Pillar" already when he moved to the windshield.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So for fun....

Just before the car starts to move -

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 5.19.17 PM.png

The cop does as you say he should, he backs directly up and off to the right -

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 5.19.50 PM.png

Wow, freaky how that car is moving so far left since no other car can do that.... This is also best I can tell from this angle when he took the first shots -

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 5.20.20 PM.png

Notice the cop has not moved any closer to the near end of the white line and has stepped to the right of the white line - yet the car is about to hit him. Nowhere am I seeing the cop step towards the car to block it. I see him actually moving away slightly.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Here is under 2 seconds later -

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 5.27.49 PM.png

The cop has started shooting at the guy who is trying to run him over and has moved more to the right backing away after the first shots but very little if any at this point towards the front of the car. Yet the car is freakily still about to hit him. It must be an alien car that Hertz rents to thieves.