1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He's backing up, into the danger zone. If he'd stayed put, or moved to HIS right (not the camera pov's), he'd be safe and still have a clear shot.

The fact that we're discussing this means he didn't HAVE to shoot. He CHOSE to shoot, which by definition means it's a bad shoot.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! I knew I should have posted somewhere with a timestamp predicting your answer :D

I do agree I was wrong on his initial angle when I was looking at dash cam only. He was originally on the side and fired originally from the side. And oddly enough the car originally hit him while he was on the side. I'm not even going to talk about once he went around the front, he had already fired and that was silly shit, same reason he gets no sympathy on the knee being hurt.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So he should put the passenger - which he knew was in there - into the line of fire?

What if she was your daughter? How could you be so callous? Do you hate women? Do you hate your daughter? Is it because the girl in the car has the same last name I do? Is that why you hate her and wish the cop had shot her?

Seriously, same last name, she even spells it the same :D

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If he'd never moved, in the last photo he'd be about even with the drivers door handle, or even the rear door, still not run over. Right about where the yellow circle is (could you have found a crappier picture?).

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 5.27.49 PM (1).png

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, he chose correctly. We're having the discussion because you're looking for excuses to blame the cop and are getting mad every time I shoot them down (shoot them down, get it?)....

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The got blurry blowing the video up to full screen.

Anyway, he had already shot the guy running him over. Moving towards the back of the car rather than to the cops rear puts the passenger in the line of fire and that absolutely would be a bad shoot.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He didn't care one bit about the passenger. I'm REALLY surprised she wasn't hit. Bullets do crazy things going through glass and bouncing around inside a steel shell. Besides, they were probably in on it together. Bonnie and Clyde, bro! Bitch is seriously lucky they didn't gun her down when she jumped out of the car.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

See, there ya go, you went in expecting the cops to shoot and are totally incredulous when they show restraint.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He would not have shot if he'd moved to his right. He wouldn't have had to. His arriving buddies would have boxed the guy in and he'd have either given up, or stepped out with a gun and been justifiably shot down.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What's the sarcastic font again?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He had already shot because the bad guy had already tried to run him over. The bad guy was already driving at him, no time to wait.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I can't put myself in the bad guy's shoes, but I seriously doubt he'd have tried to get away if he thought it would mean the cop would be put in a real position to shoot him. He probably saw a gap and went for it, thinking the cop would do what any sane person would do and move.

13. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I dont have a dog in this fight, i got enuff of my own problems to think about this one.

What I saw in the video.....the guy braked/stopped the vehicle 0.5 seconds before the shooting started. As soon as the shooting started the brake was released, and the shooting continued. I suspect as soon as he was hit, he involuntarily released the brake.
    Imho, the dude crept, and played chicken a hair too long, before stopping vehicle. Then it was too late.

Would I have put myself in front of the car? No!
    Would I have shot the dude? No. What would I have done? I dunno....I am not trained to deal w/ this type scenario.
    Would I have jumped on the hood? No!
    Would I have T-boned the car w/ the SUV? Yes!

14. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Respectfully, he never tried to run the cop over.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No, initially. And he did wait. He backpedaled for nearly three seconds before opening fire. That's another cause for my concern. If you have time to walk backwards (and make a radio call), you have plenty of time to move right, out of danger. That's why I say he was using his body to block the car.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He just got out of jail, you're giving him way too much credit for rational thought.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, your delusions don't count either :crackup:

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're watching a different video evidently....

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I can see it now - bad guy says "I ain't getting out of the car" to a cop with his gun out doing a felony stop, cops are now all under orders to back away and let them go - preferably with a smile, a bos and a hearty "so sorry for bothering you sir or maam!"

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He had a gun. If his intent was to kill cops, he had the tool. He saw one cop standing there, off to his side, and tried to slowly drive past, basically "calling his bluff". He knew he wasn't getting away, but at the very least he was going to try, and probably ditch the gun.

SpeedyE likes this.