1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Jesus Mongo. Cars can't fucking move sideways. Ken Block couldn't have figured out a way to hit that guy with enough force to hurt him. The only reason there was any cop to car contact was because the cop initiated it. It's not the suspect's fault the cop leaned into the side of his car.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WTF? So now you admit the cop would get hit with the car but you still insist that cannot injure you? You are beyond messed up over this whole thing :crackup:

I am not ignoring anything. Unlike you I didn't make a single assumption about either party until I saw the video. The one that clearly shows one person trying to run over another one. Yes, he was trying to flee. He was going to run over the cop to do so since the choice was that or run into the SUV. There was no room for a third option.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

NO NO NO NO NO. You cannot generate enough force to make an impact at that distance. Look at this diagram. The body of the car would push the cop away from any danger long before the rear wheels got there. NOT TO MENTION, that if the cop had never leaned into the car and placed himself willingly into the position, there'd be absolutely no way he could have been hurt.

[​IMG]

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The car did not have to move 90 degrees left to hit the cop. How can you keep saying it would when the video that YOU kept insisting people watch proves you wrong? The ONLY way for that car to get around the SUV was by going through where the cop was standing. The cop is under no obligation to run away prior to the car moving. Once the car moved the driver was assaulting the cop and putting him in danger and turning away from the car would be a dangerous move. There is not other magical option in this situation. The guy tried to run over the cop and the cop shit him to save himself.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Let's making something clear. You can come into contact with a car and not be injured or killed.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The only way the car and cop come into contact was because the cop leaned into the car. EVEN AFTER BEING SHOT, the guy didn't hit the first cop's suv that you say was blocking his way.

The guy tried to drive between the cop and the SUV, the cop moved in (against policy) and created a situation where he could shoot the guy.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You are wrong. You absolutely can be hurt where the cop was standing. You wonder why you get ridiculed? Statements like this are exactly why.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can. You can also come into contact with one and be killed or injured. You seem to think that the cop should be able to know the future and go from there before determining if the guy driving AT him is going to hurt or kill him...

9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

See this is why I say you are actively ignoring reality. The video shows there isn't enough room for the car between the cop and SUV. It's not arguable.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:D

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Not from two feet away at such a shallow angle.

No, I expect for him to follow his training. If he'd just stayed put in his original position, he wouldn't have ever come into contact with the car. If he'd been even more tactically sound and placed his suv in a better position, like nose to nose, or even waited a few seconds and coordinated with backup, none of this gung-ho hero bullshit would have even been necessary.

13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Moray fight!

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The cop moved INTO the car, initiating contact, then after the car stopped the first time, he stepped right in front of the car. The car NEVER HIT the first cop's SUV. The SUV he hit was the back up's SUV that arrived later. By the time it got there, the guy was already shot.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And yet again, no point in the rest of your post as you are so wrong in the very first line :crackup:

Man I wish I wouldn't go to jail for proving how wrong you are :D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I am not talking about the SUV that hit the car. I am talking about the very moment dead dummy hit the gas and started moving - there was not enough room to go between the cop and the cops SUV. The first SUV. The only SUV on scene at the moment.

At that moment there was not enough room to go between the cop and the SUV.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Then how did he do it with the only contact being that which was initiated by the cop?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Stepping into it and shooting him before the car builds speed and hits him going faster isn't a bad move. Also touching the car lets him know exactly where it is while shooting the guy trying to run him down.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Basically would you rather be shoved by someone touching you or after they get a running start?