1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

SuddenBraking likes this.
  2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:crackup:You would.

How many of those kids, you think, submitted applications to become unarmed police there or anywhere?

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

More guns is the answer, not less.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

1MPH speed limiters on all autos is the answer.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

There you go egging people on...

7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I can’t believe I just read the last ten pages of this thread.

8. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

It's been explained to you why you are wrong. To try and prove yourself right, you change scenarios or standards, hence moving the goal posts. Please keep it up, if nothing else it helps kill the boredom as long as you don't mind looking foolish.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No sir. You say he tried to run over the cop - incorrect. You say the cop was in danger - incorrect (he put himself in a dangerous position after the first shots, but not before). You say the suspect is at fault for not complying when being held at gunpoint- incorrect, you cannot kill somebody simply for failure to comply. You say that somehow the whole incident is justified because the car was stolen - again, incorrect because there's no evidence that the suspect even knew the car was stolen, much less that it was stolen in a violent manner (based on some accounts, the car was rented by another person, not returned, then borrowed by this guy that morning, meaning there's no way the police even knew who he was). The ONLY WAY your justification holds up is if he'd just carjacked the car or committed some other crime and the police had a valid expectation that he'd continue on a violent spree if they let him go. He hadn't, wasn't, and by all indications, didn't even know the police were tracking him.

The only thing that's been explained is your bias to automatically side with the cop, giving him the benefit of the doubt in some twisted assumption that his life is automatically worth significantly more than the suspect. You're willing to let him be judge, jury, and executioner on the ASSUMPTION that his judgement is correct and that the suspect's actions MIGHT somehow lead to injury or death to the officer. You just don't understand how fucking dangerous that is. You remind me of the old SouthPark episode where Jimbo and Ned have to say all the animals are "COMING RIGHT FOR US!!!!" before they can shoot them. http://southpark.cc.com/clips/149674/its-coming-right-for-us

In every other scenario I've proposed, the principles stay the same. I've only tried to make it more clear to you people who are dead set on siding with the police in every situation.

You keep saying it's the suspect's responsibility to act in a manner that keeps him from being killed by the police, and that is INSANE. It's exactly the same type of mindset that blames women for getting raped. I will give you that it's STUPID to ignore someone who's holding a gun on you, and that if you don't comply, you're probably going to get shot, but I WILL NOT accept that it's automatically your fault. You have to question the legitimacy of whether or not the gun is being held on you for a legal reason, even if it's a cop doing it. Obviously the best time to do that is after the incident, but since this guy isn't alive to do it himself, the general public has to do it.

Every other way you've tried to shut me down has just been typical internet troll bullshit. Almost all of you guys are the internet equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and yelling "nananana".

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well find an angle that is ridiculous and there will be no ridicule :D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

A Nissan Altima is a truck pulling a trailer now? The rear tires follow a path similar to that of the front on a car. There's also the issue of the body of the car being in the way. IF, and I say IF, the cop was in any danger of anything it would have been faling backward and if somehow he'd managed to fall straight down where he stood, his feet/lower legs might have been injured by the rear tires. In reality, what would have happened if the car had hit him with any force whatsoever, he'd have been pushed backwards out of harms way. The contact seen in the video was the cop trying to use his body to stop the car (hello, physics). This is completely contrary to the PD's policy identified below:

Discharging firearms at a moving or fleeing vehicle is prohibited, unless it is necessary to prevent imminent death or serious physical injury to the officer or another person.

Officers will not voluntarily place themselves in a position in front of an oncoming vehicle where Deadly Force is the probable outcome. When confronted by an oncoming vehicle, officers will move out of its path, if possible, rather than fire at the vehicle.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I wish you were capable of having a discussion instead of trying to be cute by keying on stupid nuances and making dumb jokes.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't even need to read the rest. This is where you are absolutely 100% wrong. There was not enough room between the cop and the SUV for his car. That is a fact that cannot be argued. He had to turn the wheels and drive at the cop - which he absolutely did and cannot be argued as the video shows him do exactly that. That motion IS him trying to run over the cop. You somehow think the cop should know how fast he planned to drive or should have turned his back to someone attempting to harm him and run in the hopes he won't get hit - all of your assumptions on that score are just silly but they are also what keeps making you wrong in this case. But it truly floors me that because he went slowly you insist that isn't trying to run over the cop - that is utter bullshit. Any motion of the vehicle towards the cop at any speed is an attempt to run him over. Why do you insist that it isn't? What is wrong with you? Bad touch?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The officer was in place prior to the vehicle moving, therefore he was NOT in from of an oncoming vehicle. Once the vehicle started to move the cop didn't have time to figure out the intent or the speed or the future speed or how far the driver was willing to turn - he is not as omniscient as you seem to think he should be.

The cop being in danger of falling over and run the fuck over IS danger of serious injury.

Again - he was in place prior to moving. The policy does NOT say you should turn your back to the attempted assault and hope you get out of the way quick enough for the person who is actively driving a car at you to miss you.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have repeatedly discussed this. I have presented clear logical arguments showing you are wrong. You either make up ridiculous scenarios that didn't happen or you keep insisting the facts aren't actually facts - that is also ridiculous.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No, you haven't. You just keep saying the cop was in danger/fear, when he clearly wasn't. Then you tell me I don't know how cars work (I do).

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He was not in a place of danger. There was no imminent threat of serious bodily harm or death. Being bumped by a car will not kill or significantly injure you.

YOU ARE CLEARLY AND REPEATEDLY IGNORING THE FACT THAT THIS WAS A HOTHEAD COP WHO SHOT THIS GUY BECAUSE HE WAS TRYING TO FLEE, NOT BECAUSE HE WAS BEING VIOLENT

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You are actively ignoring how cars work or you truly don't understand. Basic simple facts of how they move and turn prove you absolutely wrong. I'd show you how wrong you are in person with a car but then I'd go to jail for assault with a deadly weapon or worse based on how injured you wind up.