1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Actually that's PC if it's illegal. :) . Been on a couple CHP ride alongs where they smelled pot on a stop. Called in a dog, when it hit they did a search. One also spotted white inside a heater vent on the dash, founds several pounds of coke under the dash, just buy looking through the window, all perfectly legal.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'll side with the cops on this one. No reason to bent out of shape over a car door being opened. As far as I know if you don't want an honest person opening your door they have these things called locks on them.

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

This is pathetic. If I'm at home and see someone open my car door we will discuss it immediately, cop or no cop. Involving a lawyer after the fact, with no harm done, is just petty. When the police mistakenly raided my home, I asked for an apology, not an attorney. Also, if you leave a pound of weed and a gun in your vehicle, how about locking the door?

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Care to share details?

5. nigel smith

I have told the story here before, but here it is briefly. Woman I've never met gives my address to police. Police show up at my house with six cars before dawn one morning pounding on doors and windows. I don't let them in. Supervisor shows up and I let him in. They obviously realize they have made a mistake but try to justify their actions. I write to the local paper. Local paper finds the woman they are looking for in jail in the adjoining county, proving that they have investigative skills superior to those of the police. County sheriff fires the person responsible for sending deputies to my house instead of across the bay to retrieve the already incarcerated suspect. Sheriff calls me to personally apologize. I forgive every cop in the world except for XFBO because he is more entertaining when he is on his high horse.

auminer and SuddenBraking like this.
  6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Car is parked on private property. There is no reason for anybody to even try to open the door without owners permission, locked or not.
    I never lock my car when parked on my property. I have no reason to and nobody has right to check if locked or not.

7. Venom51

Cletus...when was the last time a burglar came up to ask permission to open the door on your unlocked car? Again..locks keep honest people out. I don't see the issue but then again my shit is parked indoors when I am home.

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I have a property line that's supposed to keep honest people out. I don't think what the cop did was worthy of a lawsuit or any of that jazz, but if it was me I'd prefer police not go and open my car door.

Just my $0.02.

9. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Exactly. If you opening my door without permission you are burglar

10. Venom51

You fellas look at the bright side....no one or their dog is dead in this particular incident. That's a win right there.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WTF?????

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wait - so this infamous hugely illegal and horrific raid was just them pounding on the doors and windows?

Seriously? All these years you've been playing that card I had no idea the raid was really just the cops knocking on your damn door. Oh my lord I am truly rolling over here :crackup:

XFBO likes this.
  14. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

ok thats funny. if that is the criteria, I was raided this morning.

Its illegal to warm your car up here without you in it. The cops knocked on my door to tell me. I advised them that it does not apply to cars with remote start. They agreed.

I'm lucky to be alive. :crackup:

15. nigel smith

That was a short version. I've told the story before. The prior mistaken raid on my home, inspired by mistaken identity and a pilfered turtle, involved federal agents breaking into my house while I was not home and me rushing to the scene when notified by my alarm company. I've told that tale here also. Perhaps you have them conflated? Either way, the incident that amused you so cost someone their job.

16. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Oh come on now, don’t act like you haven’t heard at least one story where the cops claimed they smelled mj in order to search a car...in fact I’m sure that a version of that very story is recounted in this thread about some shady Baltimore officers within the last couple of pages.

17. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

blkduc likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not pretending anything, your comment still makes no sense, they brings dogs if they smell pot and that is PC.

But overall I'm more incredulous that you seem to think the cops can't smell pot in a car, the shit these days is super stanky :D

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's always been stanky, you just didn't notice when you carried the scent with you.:D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, never been into it. The newer strains have a much much stronger smell when unsmoked.