1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which idiot with a badge and gun? All of those you talk about other than the shot guy and the kid were there with a badge and a gun...

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Specifically the one that pulled the trigger in this event. There were 2 officers on scene that didn't fuck up and shoot someone that presented no danger to them.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Just another small isolated event. LOL

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So why not say that rather than include those who did nothing wrong in your insult?

5. Venom51

I believe if you'll go back and read it was indicated by the singularity in my statement. If I had wanted to include all of them I would not have said "the idiot with the badge and gun" and would have said "those idiots with the badges and guns".

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You didn't specify which one you considered the singular idiot so it was inclusive as other than idiot the description many more people - especially based on your prior posts showing you think them all or mostly all to be idiots :D

7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I know you’re trying to be a smartass, but this is the most accurate thing you’ve stated in this thread.

Based on the most recent data I could find from 2011, 62.9m residents had an encounter with police. That comes out to 172,328/day. If there was 1 police shooting/day, that would still equate to a whopping .0000058%. But sure, it obviously isn’t an isolated event. :rolleyes:

XFBO likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

And in this specific event it was one in three cops that acted like a jackass. A full 33.3%. Not exactly isolated.

9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Lol!!! Hell, by your convoluted math, it’s not even close to a majority and IS isolated.

G 97 likes this.
  10. Venom51

So if they are all so isolated and rare instances then why are these guys always so justified in their "it's always life threatening" approach? A meteor fell out of the sky once and killed everything on the planet. Pretty isolated event by the numbers. Do you walk out the door everyday acting like that could happen at any moment?

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

A .230 batting average will get you into the hall of fame. :D

12. Venom51

Ahhh..shit. Jase agreed with the position of the "Chicago Hate Crime" thread. Maybe a meteor is going to hit us any time now. :D

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't think there was any possible confusion in his post until I got to yours. It was already pretty clear who the idiot was way back when we discussed that incident.

SpeedyE likes this.
  14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I checked outside, no frogs or locust...

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because there's no consistency in what will lead to them being shot.

Well yeah but that wouldn't have made for a good 30 minutes or so of amusement for me :D

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's winter. You need to check for a different sign. Have you spotted any unicorns in your neighborhood?

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Don't forget White walkers.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

19. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Tell Floriduh it's winter. Almost 90° here the other day.

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Well, shit! Just read that statistic to the guy who got shot in the leg while laying in the street next to his autistic charge. I'm sure he'll feel much better about the whole bullet wound thing.