1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

A cop buddy of mine, Swat guy, been in shootouts/etc....Good dude. He told me I would be a shitty cop cause I cant ever make a decision, always second guessing everything.
    He told me in LE, you have to make a decision, even if it's the wrong one, but you have to make a decision. I understood what he was saying.

2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

So he wrote "every" lawsuit should be paid by the pension fund. People sue for all kinds of reasons, even when officers did nothing wrong. An officers pension should shoulder the payout anyway? Feel better now?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't do shit when the crackhead has nothing but a lawyer looking for a big payout.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well god damn.....unicorns do exist....Good work Officer level head. Job well done.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

My question is, where is the “community” outrage towards the kid who acted so irresponsibly and not only put his life in danger but the police and any others in the area. Never-mind the other kid who simply ignores the police officer orders to stop, and simply keeps on walking away. Both of these fools could have been ventilated with just cause. But only then would the selective outrage ensue.

Banditracer and XFBO like this.
  8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

And if you didn't post the incident, no one here would have had a clue about it........just like all the other positive incidents that happen DAILY nationwide.

G 97 likes this.
  9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

This holds true for life in general. One unhappy customer makes more noise than a hundred happy customers. As far as law enforcement goes, I don't think an officer needs to be feted for making it through another week without killing anyone. Going above and beyond to serve and protect deserves some public recognition.

10. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I saw/heard about it many weeks ago.
    He was being chastised/attacked for sternly, yet friendly, explaining to the kids that he could have killed them, trying to let them understand how serious this all was. The full clip is floating around somewhere.
    He did a good thing, not only in waiting before firing, but also in taking the time and caring enuff to gently scold/explain what could have happened.
    Of course, he took an internet beating for it. They say he left the job a month later, I suspect he was forced out. Crazy world we live in.

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Just in case you mistook my post for thinking police should be praised, I don't, however, I also don't think they should be villainized by mental midgets who have simply hated LE all their lives.

A: Forced out would NOT shock me at the very least, moreso if Democrat controlled city/district.
    B: Absolutely.

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I can't access the link. Is it the same as this one, which I saw on the evil baby-eating communist fake news over a month ago?

SpeedyE likes this.
  13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

No, different incident, the one above happen in Iowa.

Newsshooter likes this.
  14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

But still the same positive outcome. Another job well done.

"Do I look like a guy that wants to shoot anyone? Do I look like a guy that will shoot someone?"

Well played.

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

16. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

There's more than a few out there. An officer I know that is retired now always seemed to be at the scene when I showed up for photos. First time I photographed him he was ordering two black kids at gunpoint to the ground who had been pointing an pellet gun at traffic. Lucky for me they complied as I was in the line of fire. Made for a great photo though. :) . Another time he'd caught a 14 year old kid who had robbed a grocery store. Kid was in the back of the car making faces at me. Officer told me the kid wasn't a bad kid, was dealing with a lot of bad circumstances with family. Showed a lot of empathy for the people he dealt with daily. He was a good cop!!!

XFBO likes this.
  17. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

There are a lot of great cops, but it doesn't stoke the flames of outrage to talk about the good that they do every damn day, all around the country.

I have a lot of law enforcement in my family and cop friends. I've watched amazing things happen on ride alongs that should make the news because the officer on the scene made a huge difference in someone's life when they were at their lowest point. But sadly, the only attention they get is when something goes wrong and a negative agenda can be reinforced.
    My son is early in his law enforcement career. I could not be more proud of him. It has already made him a better person, I see it in him. I see how he is ahead of the other young cops, and he is already a leader. He connects with people, has empathy, he builds trust, and deescalates situations.
    You are right, they are out there, and they do great things daily.

18. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

auminer likes this.
  19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

^^This^^

It's not the military or, LOL, nukes that we need to be concerned about as citizens.

It's overmilitarized Barney Fifes with no common sense, zero critical thinking skills, and a heavy dose of roid rage.

Steeltoe likes this.
  20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member