1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

History has shown that this is the way it works. The military take an oath to the constitution, and for the most part, are patriots that will side with the citizens in the event of a coup. Militarized police on the other hand, are generally the tool authoritarian governments use to oppress their citizens (SS, Gestapo, KGB, Stasi, and other secret police agencies https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_secret_police_organizations).

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

On paper, they are. Most of the low level idiots think they're actually fighting for freedom and individual rights.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh, can’t say I blame the police. If they are responsible for helping to maintain the peace. Sometimes it’s just easier to address the one then address the masses. Not saying it’s fair but pretty easy to see that the dude with the camera was looking to create a conflict and then film it for his tube channel. Even if he has the right, sometimes commen sense should prevail.

I look at it as if the cops weren’t present, this guy would have got the shit kicked out of him. So in this regard, the police did their job.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

No.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

YES
    :rolleyes:

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

So a large portions of the police force present at this demonstration should concentrate their resources towards one individual who is actively and willingly putting himself in harms way?

Yeah, sounds like a beneficial use of limited resources when the entire issue can simply be resolve with one person.

7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Curtailing the constitutional rights of citizens should NEVER be the job of police, or anybody for that matter.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Fine with me. Next time the police should simply turn away and let the crowd beat the shit out of the guy. Problem resolved.

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Honestly, I am on team nobody here.

He was looking for trouble. Maybe they should have let him find it. :)

G 97 likes this.
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh I know what you are saying I get it. The police should never tread on the Constitutional Rights of the people. But man when you have someone knowingly and willingly putting themselves in the middle of a shitstorm I can’t say I blame the police for simply concentrating on the one to quickly and effectively resolve the conflict. I don’t particularly like it but under the circumstances........

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We already know you can't yell fire in a crowded theater as an example of how individual rights do not trump the rights of the crowd as a whole. This is no different and the cops did a good thing.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don't you blaspheme! :mad:

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

14. In Your Corner

Imagine being married to this woman.

15. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Wow. That officer had the patience of a saint. I would have written her the bigger ticket and hauled her off to jail once she flipped out.
    I don't think she said anything that was true except that she was going to pick up her kids

16. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

It scares me that people like that exist... I do feel kinda bad because she's obviously messed up in the head...

17. In Your Corner

18. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

19. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I am pro police, but anti scum human being, regardless of one's job-title. This man does not deserve to wear a badge.
    Shot a chiwawa to prove a point. His partner is just as f'd up, as the shooter.
    It's one thing to beat an uncomplient human, its another to murder a 10-lb dog to prove your authority.

https://www.thecabin.net/news/20190...ave-after-shooting-dog-investigation-underway

Video
    https://www.facebook.com/BiggDaddy31/videos/pcb.10157017649144697/10157017647429697/?type=3&theater

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Well he got fired at least. Of coarse he'll get hired somewhere else soon enough unfortunately. What a piece of shit.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/arkansas...fter-shooting-chihuahua-in-video-sheriff-says

SpeedyE likes this.