1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Whole thing is weird from the car being shot up to the rookie cop.

Honestly don't understand the protests at this point. Obviously the kid wasn't an angel and it's not like they let the cop off scott free. They're still investigating.

jase likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

How do you think it should play out?

Two years ago a black cop “accidentally” shot and killed an unarmed white woman in front of her own kids. He then concocted a story that he was being attack by her dog and had no other choice but to defend himself from the dog, thus drawing his weapon and firing it. The video from his body cam showed otherwise. No dog attack. No danger. The cop lied about the events. He’s also still employed and on the police force.

http://wqad.com/2018/06/06/burlington-officials-settle-with-family-of-iowa-woman-killed-by-officer/

I don’t recall at any time the police ever asking for the general public to remain calm. Why is this?
    Why is it, when an unarmed black person is shot and killed by the police the general public is asked to remain calm?
    Where is the outrage when an unarmed black person is shot and killed by another black person?

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Wow Jase, this is twice now that you're showing some support for the police....impressive week!

Since I'm sure you didn't mean to leave out important details I stepped up for you.
    Car was being stopped for suspicion of a non fatal shooting just 15 min prior, they recovered TWO handguns inside the vehicle, the two guys in the car......AGAIN.....were not complying by trying to run/escape.......I'll wait to hear more info/evidence before I condemn the officer who shot.

My only real concern is it could've been an accidental discharge since it was the officers first day, if the perp was shot in the back things won't go well for the new officer but if the perp suddenly spun around, then it's on him when you factor in all the other facts.

4. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

LOL...dude, all i said was lets see how it plays out.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Troll McTrollerson in full effect.

Pathetic really.

6. jase

Yeah, i'm not making any judgments either. He wasn't an angle thats's for sure. Like XF said, if he was shot in the back, that's not going to be a good thing.

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I need more details. All we know is suspect fled on foot from a vehicle involved in a shooting and 2 guns were in the car.

If the deceased fingerprints are found on the gun I would love to hear Jace explanation and thoughts.

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Cmon Bobby you've alive long enough to know what that'll sound like. "Cmoooon the guns were in the car, he was unarmed!" Or some variation of that.

9. jase

So lets say the gun has the deceased prints on it and the deceased was shot in the back, is it justified?

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Let's say YOU'RE the officer who spotted a car fitting he description of a car involved in a shooting a few blocks away, you start following it, notice the back window is shot out, you call it in and activate your lights/siren to investigate, they take off, you give chase, a block or two later they finally ditch the car and start running. What do YOU think you'd focus on first and foremost, the details of what might still be inside the car OR the actual perps running away?

In other words, as the pursuing officer do you think you'd be 100% certain these guys are unarmed?

11. jase

I see what you're saying, and agree with you on what they might have have. But if policy says you cant shoot someone in the back while that perp is running away. The LEO didn't follow procedure.

In other words your answer as a pursing officer, is to shoot at a fleeing perp first then ask questions?

Again, this is all speculation until the police department finish their investigation.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You probably meant CAN'T, if so, NO, I'm not aware of ANY State having guidelines restricting officers from shooting at someone they suspect to be armed, even in the back.

But yes, we can agree on having to wait til the invest plays out.

13. Robby-Bobby

Why does it matter if he’s shot in the front or the back?

If I rape your mother and turn my back am I off the hook? Or are you not gonna beat my ass because I turned my back?

If the deceased already has his prints on a gun that was used in a shooting, then I don’t care where he was shot.

Shoot him in the Dick. IDGAF

14. Robby-Bobby

Lol “he was running away from a ctime he just committed. Let him go”

sheepofblue likes this.
  15. jase

You really had to get personal with the rape comment?

When XF made a point, he didn't reference my mother.

That's just fucked up, and not really called for.

sheepofblue likes this.
  16. Robby-Bobby

Because I want YOU to tell me your feelings on the matter.

Don't focus on the wrong part of the story in a poor deflection tactic.

17. jase

I'm not going to engage in conversation with you, because you cant have a discussion without insults or getting personal. That's your tactics.

Your tactics are unnecessary and uncalled for.

You can think what you want.

18. Robby-Bobby

If nothing else, you're consistent LOL

I don't think anyone here expected you to answer. Again, nice deflection.

19. jase

Like XF said, lets see what happens after the investigation. Could have been a justified shot or not. Hopefully everything will be done correctly during the investigation.

Kind of rough. Cant really see what's going on with the dog. Dog is growling, so who knows whats happening.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Most recent update says the guy had no gun on him but an empty clip in his pocket, so, circumstantially, he can be tied to a weapon. Gunpowder residue test could tie him to a recent firing. Doesn't justify execution, but it would be reason for someone to justifiably consider him to be an armed and dangerous fleeing felon. FWIW