1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

What did you feel that the article misrepresented? And/or, what biases did you feel we’re present?

2. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Lol

3. code3ryder

Lol no kidding

4. code3ryder

Here's the parts that I feel are what show bias:

Former Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) officer Richard Scavone pleaded guilty last year in federal court to assaulting a handcuffed woman in his custody. After the plea, authorities released the body camera footage of the assault. It is nothing short of infuriating and shows the level of violence a woman-abusing cop was willing to take to assert his authority.

This week, in a rare move, the former bad cop was actually held accountable and was sentenced to a year in prison. As the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported, U.S. District Judge Richard Boulware also ordered Scavone to serve a year of supervised release, pay a $20,000 fine and complete 300 hours of community service after his imprisonment, according to the Justice Department.

The encounter happened in January of 2015 after this abusive cop thought he had nabbed himself a prostitute.

The woman had done nothing wrong and was walking down the sidewalk drinking a coffee when Scavone attacked her for no reason. She was entirely compliant during the stop even though this sadistic predator kept abusing her.

“The hell you think you’re talking to?” he asks her in the video as he threatens her life.

After a brief radio call, this monster then asks his victim, “What else do you want me to do, tough guy?”

“Go ahead and take me to jail. That’s all I want you to do,” she replies, knowing that at any moment this maniac could kill her and jail is her only refuge.

“You got it,” he says, as he then puts his hand inside her bra and pulls out her personal belongings, sexually assaulting her in the process.

The woman was then arrested on false charges of littering. Once the truth came out, however, those charges were dropped.

Below is the report from the Department of Justice.

Below is the body camera footage showing the damage one abusive cop on a power trip can inflict.

Below is the body camera footage showing the damage one abusive cop on a power trip can inflict.

So, nearly every other sentence has some sort of sensationalized personal thoughts rather than simply reporting the incident.

He made a plea agreement and is going to prison (as he should).

Orvis likes this.
  5. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Just like a LEO, or the public calls a person that committed a crime an animal and or other things.
    The writer is calling this person what he feels he is.
    If the shoe fits, wear it.

Just because he's a former LEO does't mean he can be excluded from being called all kinds of things.

6. code3ryder

I'm simply talking about the bias of the article.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No one remotely said anything like that....

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

You seemingly have a huge disconnect between what people actually say and how you process it. You have a preconceived thought already in your mind void of what the reality is. Almost like you have a certain level of learning disability.

9. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

How about watching the video of this piece of shit and commenting on his actions instead of focusing on how an article about him is written?

jase likes this.
  10. jase

No, they wont do that, it does't fit their narrative. It gives G a way to say i have a learning disability, but wont comment on what that LEO did that that women.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Um, that’s just it. They are making comments about the article. While you are just focusing on the video. If you are unable to separate the two and understand that there can be an ongoing discussion about one aspect separate from the other, then that’s on you. It’s not their fault that you don’t have the cognitive ability to distinguish between the two.

Anyone with any level of objectivity can clearly realise how biased this article is. It is peppered with multiple injections of the authors personal feelings on the matter. It’s not exactly an author reporting on the facts of what happened.

code3ryder likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don’t think it’s limited to just me thinking you possibly might have a learning disability.:Poke:
    What narrative is this Jase? What is the narrative? Please tell us all.

13. jase

I agree with you that it is bias, however,why isn't anyone batching the LEO of his actions? But instead, we are having a discussion on how bias that article is.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Because it’s pretty self evident that this LEO is a huge POS and that no one here even remotely agrees with his actions. There is no issue in this area to debate. That’s why.

Just because you think there should be more discussion directed at the LEOs actions doesn’t change the reality that no one in this thread has supported the LEOs actions. You are using this lack of debate to try and draw a dotted line that it means people support the cops actions. Which clearly is not the case.

15. code3ryder

The cop is a shitbag. He's not longer a cop and is now going to prison where he deserves to be. Clear enough for you? That doesn't excuse biased reporting.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Jace absolutely has a learning disability. No doubt.

NOT A SINGLE person commenting on this video/article has excused or praised the cop.

He’s a piece of shit and honestly a year seems light to me.

sheepofblue likes this.
  17. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Jase doesn’t have a learning disability. Jase is black and has been conditioned over his life by Democrats to believe that he is a victim because of his skin color and that cops are bad because they arrest black people. He’s still living on the Democrats plantation. Hopefully he’ll be free one day to think for himself.

badmoon692008 and XFBO like this.
  18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

The problem with the Jase's of the world is, most times, they're brainwashed to become that way. Think about it guys, Democrats have actually executed a pretty sensational plan to take over this country by force. For well over 2-3 decades they have been strategically putting their people in places that matter, ie. public schools, higher education, MSM, and the entertainment business all toting their political agendas and/or feelings on certain matters.

20 yrs ago if you suggested that prisoners would be allowed to vote, everyone would have laughed at you. There are sooo many topics today that would have been a joke a lifetime ago. I listened to a Paul Harvey audio a few days ago again, "If I were the devil".....it's mind boggling how many of those visions have come true today.

A few weeks ago, another thief in the night was exposed, this so called preacher and head of a local chapter of the NAACP, was caught LYING...more accurately FABRICATING another police interaction. Now just imagine how many people he preached this BS interaction to, how many young kids of color (OR mini-Jase's) walked away thinking the po-po is corrupt because this awesome 'community leader' was harassed by them???

This kinda BS has been going on for decades, folks. And so many white guilt types eat those stories up like they can't get enough, it's sad.

19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Seriously? Fuck your narrative bullshit man.

Not a single person here has said the cop wasn't bad. However, when a journalist writes a story it is supposed to be unbiased and objective. That is what is being called out. There is no need to call out the cop because that shit is obvious.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

His actions were more than enough to make me want to stuff the guy in a wood chipper. The article was so over the top dramatic that it actually took away from the seriousness of the actions. The news has more impact if the "journalist" does not resort to bullshit emotional crap.