1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Who is going to tell the arriving officers? You think Officer I've Got A Psycho On My Hands is giving dispatch a play-by-play as the situation unfolds? Dude had his hands full getting the guy calmed down and trying to secure the weapon. The arrival of the other squad riled him up again and his behavior warranted the response by the arriving officers. Tragic but true.

Chino52405 likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

When a crazy is waving a gun around you are absolutely correct.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Main thing is the guys behavior changed drastically when he saw the second cop car.

4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'll try to be harder on cops in the future, OK? :(

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Well, that and perhaps that officer, who was in his probationary period btw, felt more inclined to put his own life at risk in this kinda situation than the others who showed up. It might be considered admirable when your ALONE if you're willing to take that chance, but of course we'd be hearing a different tune if that first cop was killed and the perp took his gun and killed more innocents with his weapon but that's here nor there cuz these days LE can't win with the Mike's of the world. IIRC, back when this happen, the officer did get agitated when the others unholstered, imagine a rookie cop is going to get pissed at other officers who weren't willing to risk their own lives with this EDP, who's holding a handgun........how selfish of them. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Could be, seems like he reacted to the situation as it presented to him - same as the other officers. They just responded to different situations.

I also didn't get that he was pissed at the other officers, more at the situation devolving (which is on the dead guy and his reaction) and definitely pissed at being fired.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Can you cite an example of this happening?

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Of what a cop getting shot or others being shot afterwards?

If the latter, it only needs to happen once to hear the non stop belly aching from your types. It doesn't mean that a Leo doesn't have to worry about liability and/or being incapicitated (or worse) and having his duty weapon walk on him.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Oh, so this terrible thing that might happen hasn't happened?
    So that excuse is bullshit, right?

Sweatypants likes this.
  10. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I believe it happen in Atlanta, the LEO's gun was used to kill four people in a courtroom.

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

This ridiculous retort just confirmed your cluelessness on police matters and liability......thanks for playing.

12. chwolfe

chwolfe Well-Known Member

Civil asset forfeiture is criminal and completely indefensible. You are guilty by association. That is enough of a clue for anybody to dismiss your position on all police matters. Armed robbery and a holier than thou attitude doesn't blend well.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

And some people still question the amount of mental illness that surrounds us every day??? LOL!

14. chwolfe

chwolfe Well-Known Member

For months, and now I've posted about it. Thank you Sergeant Obvious.

15. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Asset forfeiture is a crime and is part of the reason I dont get too worked up over cop's dying. Once they got involved in the theft game I just began to view them as one more group of thugs. They have have lived up to that expectation quite well.

16. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Since I don’t have much money to take but still remain a free man, my main concern is their complicity in making America a mass incarceration nation which has been termed a "a holocaust in slow motion".
    https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2013/may/25/the-wire-creator-us-drug-laws

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_uk/article/nnmxa8/americas-war-on-drugs-is-the-holocaust-in-slow-motion

I don’t do drugs but I’ve seen people’s lives ruined more by the enforcement of drug laws than their own moronic behavior. It turns the public into enemy number one, and it’s that terrible policy which leads to civil asset forfeiture.

SuddenBraking and cpettit like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is truly fucking idiotic.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not quite as idiotic as Fonda but damn close.

If asset forfeiture has you pissed at all cops I'd have to agree with blart on your mental stability...

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they didn't do illegal things their lives wouldn't be ruined - how in the world does that translate to it's not their fault? There may be some out there who don't know smoking weed is illegal but every single person I've ever known who has smoked it has known it could land them in jail. They made their choice knowingly. They don't get off the hook for ruining their life and their families life just because they don't like the law they chose to break.

Orvis and badmoon692008 like this.
  20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I doubt that the typical beat cop had much to do with the implementation of the admittedly unethical practice of asset forfeiture. The death penalty is not warranted.