1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. chwolfe

chwolfe Well-Known Member

Knowing the laws doesn't make them just or constitutional. Asset forfeiture is under the blanket of the law. You would do well (as anyone can) in North Korea with that sentiment. I'm not condoning violence against cops, but they shouldn't be surprised by the erosion of public support.

Adam Panjeta likes this.
  2. chwolfe

I am not the one that grouped all cops together, they did (RICO, conspiracy laws, thin blue line, etc.). Equal application right?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I guess they shouldn't if people are as stupid as you are being equating crap laws with those who are tasked with enforcement.... :rolleyes:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I don't think you understand what you're saying. It is pretty amusing tho.

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I am not assigning anybody the death penalty. Its just that anything the makes me question American policing culture also makes me less sympathetic to their challenges, dangers, and deaths. I am confident that they view a large portion of the general public negatively as well. Its human nature.

As far as the typical beat cop is concerned, "just following orders" does not absolve them in my book. If my company asks me to behave in an unethical way, and I do, its on me. I find asset forfeiture as implemented in this country to be theft. I would not participate in it and find little room for respect for those who do.

Idiotic or not, its how I see it.

jase, SuddenBraking and cpettit like this.
  6. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Ironic that weed is legal in North Korea.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

At this point, the courts support them, not you, so they are behaving ethically per the rule of law. I don't like it either, but then I'm not doing anything that would warrant them taking the house from the bank.

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Wow, this thread has run completely of the rails lately, absolutely confirms the old saying, "You can't fix stupid!" :)

Lord knows I've tried one too many times. :crackup:

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

10. Fonda Dix

Sorry to go all Darwin but wouldn't the people who worked at the Nazi death camps have the support of their courts at the time? Man's law does not supersede my own code.

In Your Corner likes this.
  11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Not a man?? :Poke:

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sexist. Back off the Nazi $hit. Comparing asset forfeiture to death camps is absurd in the extreme. I could buy a well prepared argument in favor of forfeiture. Mass extermination, not so much.

13. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

That's the fucked up part, there's plenty of people who did nothing to warrant it either but they take it anyway. Carrying cash in your car is not illegal, but that doesn't stop them from taking it and then making you prove your innocence to maybe get it back.

14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Godwin.

15. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Or you're just wrong and you can't see it because your profession has left you brainwashed. It's clear to many here just from your posts, but of course anyone who disagrees is just stupid. Not even worth arguing anymore.

Adam Panjeta and SuddenBraking like this.
  16. Fonda Dix

Ha. Nice work by me.

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Oh I beg to differ. :crackup:

The only people who tend to agree that I am wrong, most times, tend to be the same handful of known clueless ftp'ers in here. A good number of them have and always will misrepresent my position or words even, by adding language I never made on much of the discussed incidents in here. If they've shown the forum anything it's that they can't handle real life responses on matters they have no idea on. For crying out loud I've had to argue with folks who think cops should shoot guys in the foot OR the weapon out of their hand and they walk away thinking the same thing as you, that I'm wrong....lol. It's happened more often than I care to recall.

I've been on this forum for well over a decade now, and the level of FTP is off the charts these days but I blame social media and Liberalism for that, the last President certainly didn't make it any better for LE.

18. chwolfe

I'm a long time conservative and this was my first time posting in here. Your dismissive attitude is misplaced on me.

In Your Corner and SuddenBraking like this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Idiotic it is. Because you are confusing the legislature with policing. They are not the same. It is not the "American policing culture". Your conclusions are ridiculous in pretty much every way including the halfassed attempt at equating cops with nazis ;)

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, the way the laws are written can be fucked up for sure. It's why we carry our entry forms and cash in the same place. Yes, it could be seized, yes we would have to spend a lot to fight it, yes that would suck and I'd be more vocal about changing the idiotic laws. But none of that has anything to do with cops being hurt or killed on the job.