1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First impressions of my 1299S from D&D Cycles

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Nov 26, 2015.

1. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Lol trailer full of face shields

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

All good info, thanks. Ive been reading about Phil's exhaust work on the panigale forum and I may go that route. I've also been shopping some used stuff and found a few decent deals.

This shit i saw at Laguna though......... wowzers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  3. turbulence

that doesn't look good.

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

You're on crack.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No shit. Ducati finally gets away from this ridiculous under tail exhaust and packages things neatly under the engine, and what does the aftermarket do? Builds a bunch of fugly high $$$ under tail setups.

6. turbulence

nah... it looks like an afterthought... i think you'll find that all OEM under tail exhausts have "cutouts" in the tail section for them to tuck up into... the tail section of the panagale series of bikes is slim, and minimalistic, which looks great as is. then you go and add on an exhaust that looks like it was made for another bike altogether.. it makes the ass end look large and heavy and the lines don't flow at all.

see how they tuck... cohesive, fluid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i wonder if that exhaust would survive the Cadwell Park jump or the Isle of man jump

http://i1.wp.com/www.asphaltandrubb.../01/John-McGuinness-Ballaugh-Bridge-IOMTT.jpg

7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Shakey Byrne's team manager specifically stated that one of the reasons they went to the undertail setup was that they were breaking the regular ones on the Panigale constantly. Apparently it's actually stronger somehow.

8. I havent heard that. I know Chaz's season immediately turned around when they went to the longer exhaust. That is why even the Ducati satellite teams followed suit. I figured that is why the BSB guys did also.

How are people breaking exhausts? :confused:

9. As far as the looks, i disagree. I think it looks badass. I honestly think it is one of the best looking exhausts, on any bike, ever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

As much as it pains me, I gotta agree with Mr. uppercut

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. shakazulu12

Search the Panigale forum. People are having an unusual amount of exhausts failing. The BSB team went through a bunch last season and finally had them hand welded before switching to another brand this year.

12. I have heard of people finding cracks on the OEM headers. I havent heard of anyone breaking an Akra exhaust. But i havent really looked either.

13. shakazulu12

They were breaking quite frequently last year in BSB when Hopper was on it.

14. Interesting. I wonder why. I mean, i know the bike vibrates alot. I wonder if it wasnt secured properly or something like that.

15. shakazulu12

I think tons of heat, vibrations and titanium just don't seem to work as well with how they routed it or the bends it has in there. All the pics I've seen of breaks were the same spot. Akra or OEM.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Which spot was that?

17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Groome, do you have a couple spare exhausts in the Deathstar?

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'd rather see something like the v4 GP bikes, with one low mounted outlet for the front cylinder(s), and one in the tail for the rear.

cpettit likes this.
  19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I like the stock, underslung the best.

turbulence likes this.
  20. Nope. Shit.

Not yet anyway.

I dont even have the stock one anymore.

Damnit.