1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First impressions of my 1299S from D&D Cycles

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Nov 26, 2015.

1. :D

Yeah it is a race bike, but D&D collected taxes so I figured I might as well go ahead and get it registered and everything. It was only an additional $42. And I insure all of my bikes, even the race bikes. Since I wanted to play with it on the street a little bit, I told them to fully insure it. Then before I left for work I called and had them turn off the Collision and Liability. I just kept Comp on it and I will leave it like that unless I decide to play on the street some more.

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Why do I imagine that your "test" of the bike entails riding it down the street, turning around, coming back - and sitting on it in your driveway for two hours. Where the "analysis" is then you dropping your elbow, chin and inner knee into the proper body position, while on the bike, making engine-revving sounds - while wobbling the Pit Bull stand nearly off the ground ..

:D

jt21 and proprocket28 like this.
  3. I can neither confirm nor deny such actions taking place. :D

4. Always good to hear a good experience from a shop, especially from a perfectionist like Chris.

5. I couldn't be more happy with the buying experience and the quality of their work. If they carry a bike I want, I will make the 10hr trip down there to get it. If they don't, then I will try to talk them into carrying it. :D

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Congrats to you Chris. Glad everything worked out. Now you are going to be a typing nightmare...:eek:

7. Haha thanks Dan. :D

8. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

I don't even want a new bike, but fugg now i want one..

9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Post up when you decide on a date/s. Would love to see this beast in action and possibly get some pointers for that track.

10. For sure, no problem. Ive got a zillion laps around Jennings and we put on many schools there (Speed Academy) . I would be happy to give you some pointers.

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

DAMN YOU!!!!!

12. :D

13. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

Fucking badass!! Bike looks great and sure it runs even better!! Looking fwd to seeing it out there!

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Congrats...good way to celebrate the birthday :)

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

As has been said before, [​IMG]

16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Pics!!! I wanna see how badass this things looks!

I've heard great things:)

Phl218 likes this.
  17. Haha. Im in the office now. Lemme get back to my apartment and ill see what I can dig up. :D

18. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Man I was hoping you were signed up for this Sundays Jennings day that Sebastian is hosting. I wanted to see the bike!!

19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I have a 2010 1198S too..so it would definitely be fun to compare the two.

20. amartin

amartin Well-Known Member

Congrats on your purchase. I haven't ridden the 1299, but the 1199 I had was an absolute handful. Hard to describe the rush of power but the bike just never seemed to stop making power. I've heard the 1299 goes a long way to tame the psycho.

I have a 15 r1 now and although I am faster on it, it feels slower than the duc.