1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First impressions of my 1299S from D&D Cycles

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Thanks. :D

2. Damnit, where is my :moon:??? :mad:

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

She thought you wuz Dave K, or sum shit.

4. :D

While i haven't pulled the trigger on an RV yet (maybe soon, i am going to see one in Nashville TN when i get home), typically speaking, when i ask for info on stuff (vehicles, bikes, lap timers, stereos, bicycles, airbag suits, TV's etc) it isnt just for entertainment purposes. I truly intend on getting one and want to make an informed decision.

jt21 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll sell you ours.

6. Are the dogs included? :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope.

New one is now taller than Yogi... It's getting a little scary since he's less than 4 months still :D

8. Oh wow, he is going to be a BEAST.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Not sure if you have it already, but BMC has a Race Air Filter for the 1299s now.

10. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

The Spring race filter is the way to go. With the P16 mesh

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Just looked up the Sprint one...is it really like $369 for an air filter. If so...:eek: Damn Ducati's are truly expensive

12. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

That's the carbon fiber version. They have a less expensive race version. Two of them

BigBird likes this.
  13. Yep I've already got the Sprint filter. But thanks. :beer:

Good info to have in the thread anyway.

BigBird likes this.
  14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

$369...it better filter other riders out of the way for that price

Wheel Bearing, BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I just picked up a 1299 base and am going to race it next season. Just putting some miles on it now to break it in and collect race bits. My impression so far is that this thing is fast as F@ck but it is also tuned like shit from the factory. Desperately needs to be uncorked and re tuned. The Rabidbike module and air filter will be first. Shopping for exhaust but im waiting for a deal on a used one, fuck an exhaust that cost as much as a nice used car.....

This thread makes my wallet sad.

[​IMG]

BigBird, turbulence and ljuice26 like this.
  16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Until you suck the paint of damn near every bike when you pass them:)

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

that wsbk exhaust looks cool.

18. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

drooooool

19. Chris, if you want a better exhaust but dont want to spend the money on one, hit up Phil (Phl218 on here). He cores the OEM exhaust. He has been doing it for a long time and has done many of them for guys on the Ducati forum. It isnt some hack job, he is a machinist and does damn good work.

Personally i went with the Akra EVO Ti exhaust (the competition version, not the one from Ducati). It sounds badass and looks cool. But it really isnt necessary to be honest. A cored OEM one with a Sprint filter and Rapidbike tune will get you all the performance you could want.

DEFINITELY get the RapidBike module and get it tuned. The fueling is bad when they are stock and you can gain something like 15% in the midrange with a good tune.

Let me know if you have any questions about specific parts and shit like that (although i think i have already covered the stuff on my build in this thread).

That big twin vibrates alot, so the best advice I can give you is to keep an eye on all the bolts in general, and safety wire the valve cover bolts (Rob did mine). Several guys have had those back out and get a leak and ruin their weekend.

My QS stopped working one time because the shift rod backed out. Livengood ended up taking all the bodywork and shit off and either putting loctite or safety wiring every bolt that he doesnt regularly have to remove.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You could just donate the dirty parts you cast off and he would be good to go.