1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First female enrolled to BUDS

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by cortezmachine, Jul 22, 2017.

1. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Christ...I went back twice to fix stupid grammar...

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who lost a possible spot? What about all the men who wash out the same way she did - how about those assholes daring to try and taking spots from others?

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I think all he was saying is that while she was the most qualified female candidate she was likely not the most qualified individual overall for the spot. Maybe she was but we will never know so people will make assumptions based on their personal experiences.

JBraun likes this.
  5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Have you ever given birth? Be honest now. ;)

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Have you? Maybe it's ecstasy and they've been lying to us. :D

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Does the ability to have multiple orgasms offset the childbirth thing?

dtalbott and cav115 like this.
  9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

My wife has told me I look like I'm pregnant.

10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I waited 22 hours before walking into the ER with a ruptured spleen, separated ribs and 2 partially collapsed lungs. I would do it again in a heartbeat compared to what I saw my GF go through giving birth.

11. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

If it doesn`t it should.

You`re talk about the man, right?:D

cpettit likes this.
  12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

@crashman covered it.

Most wash out, but they're there because they were selected. She was there because of political and social pressure. You keep trying to make up hypothetical scenarios, but every one of them is hollow. She was not more qualified than any of the other males in the group because physical strength is a huge component to success in selection, and it is biologically impossible for a female to possess the requisite physical strength to complete the training, much less serve in the teams.

The "what if" is meaningless. It can't happen. I gave the Crossfit games example already, but here's another one: The world record for a clean and jerk is about 266 lbs. That's the strongest female weightlifter in history. I clean and jerk 275. So a Russian freak who is on steroids and has dedicated her life to being strong, is still weaker than an average guy who fixes air conditioners for a living.

Men are stronger by at least 100% in any given test, and the people selected to BUD/S are some of the best athletes in the Navy. It's not sexist, its fact.

13. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Meh. We can pee standing up. Win.

Jedb likes this.
  14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Don't sell yourself short. You are much below average. :Poke::D

JBraun likes this.
  15. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I'm stronger than a friend who was a SEAL and I'm lazy...he's all of maybe 160lbs and a marathon runner. My understanding (from him) is SEALs are way more about specialization and expertise than force since a SEAL team is at a massive disadvantage if they've gotten to the point of needing brute force.

Doesn't prove this woman was capable or not, but the how strong argument is irrelevant from what I've been told as well.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We can be replaced by any number of household items or selected produce. Them...not so much.

JBraun likes this.
  17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Put 100lbs on you and your friend's back and run 10 miles. You may find he's stronger than you think.

Specialization and expertise are great, but at some point they have to "BTF it". That's when it matters. Ask your buddy if you don't know what that means.

18. In Your Corner

You got that right.
    What a plus when camping or hiking or even when the line in the nightclub is too long and you can go behind the building.

19. In Your Corner

You can't apply logic to the need to believe that women can do anything men can do because there's no difference between men and women (besides genitalia, and even that is up in the air now).
    Believers will tell you that women are not only equal to men, they exceed the abilities of men in a number of ways.
    They don't realize that they are saying that men and women are actually different (else there would be nothing that women could do better).

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've asked my wife if she'd trade multiple orgasms for being able to pee standing up. She says no, not even worth considering.