1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fear of Flying

Discussion in 'General' started by Dieselboy, Jun 24, 2014.

1. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Better be happy I didn't, there is a severe looking red-head on the connecting flight.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Now I expect to find you tied to our bed with her standing over you, holding a bullwhip.

3. CausticYarn

She was kind I of bitchy. I didn't like her so much.

Flying at 10,000 feet in a pop can is nerve wracking.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I like to f@ck bitches. :D

5. CausticYarn

You calling me a bitch?

I took my engagement ring off to go to class this morning.

6. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

I never thought of that. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

7. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Dayum..... just dayum! :crackup:

8. SpeedyTide

As a kid I was like Mr. T.... "I aint gettin' on no airplane FOO!"

My first flight was in '95 for work, Jax, FL. to B'ham, AL. I was 23 y/o, and was kinda looking forward to it.... 'ya know flying on a big jet!! I get to the airport, and there's only like 3-4 of us boarding (thought that was odd :confused:). I'm the last to board, and the ticket lady explains going down the hall and to the left. I go down to the left, and there's just stairs leading out to the tarmac. Look out... nothing. Go back and tell the lady "there ain't no jet out there." She steps over to the window, and points & says... "Yes, there it is right there." I step over, look out, and see the plane she's referring too (not what I was expecting :()! I said to her... "That ain't no jet.... that's a crop duster!" :D. Turns out it was a small twin engine turbo prop seated about 20+/-.... which might as well been a crop duster since it wasn't a big 737! I didn't know any better..... that's what you're flying when you have a direct flight to non-major cities.

Small jet/plane, and weather was good, but we hit some air pockets and....... DID NOT LIKE! :eek: I had a grip of that seat & feet planted to the floor as hard as I could! Once we were out of the air pockets, I relaxed for the most part. Flight back I slept thru most since I'd worked 80+ hours that week.

Have since flown 4-5 times, all on big jets :) , and only minimal turbulence.

Most enjoyable part to me is the acceleration on take off! :up:

9. SpeedyTide

Yeah, that'll freak anyone out flying for their first time!