1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fear of Flying

Discussion in 'General' started by Dieselboy, Jun 24, 2014.

1. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

Let the flight attendants know. They will help you through it .

2. Thanks for all the help guys, I am currently employed but was looking for a higher paying position..

Anyway, I made it through 3 flights, nailed the interview, and they sent me an offer while I was on my return flight. Good couple of days.

While I was incredibly uncomfortable, nervous, and tense on the plane, I managed to just nut up and go through with it.

Thanks for all the advice, but I think the Ativan helped the most. :)

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

If all the sky waitresses are dudes, then what? :Poke: :Poke: :D

4. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I suddenly have a fear of flying! :D

5. 1coopgt

1coopgt Well-Known Member

The funny part for me is I use to love to fly when I was younger. I was coming back from FLA 1 time and the plane almost landed /crashed on an expressway . Very misty rainy as we were landing. My Uncle was in a different part if the plane and said he saw people on the ground running away before the plane started climbing back up into the sky where it belonged.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, you think you're safe on the ground and then…

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If I die is a fiery screaming accident I sure as shit hope that it's via a plane crash. Won't do me any good but I told Sam to be on the phone and suing within hours of my being spread thin like nutella over 4 states.

8. pickled egg

Sarah flies out tomorrow. Should I rent "Airport" or "Airplane" tonight? :D

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Snakes on a Plane.

10. pickled egg

Ooh, some classic muhfuhhin' cinema! :up:

11. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

You should just let me step on your balls with stilettos.

I would like to not be anymore nervous than I already am.

12. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I used to be a meeting planner with a large pharmaceutical company and flew all over the country on a frequent basis and never had any problems. I then flew with hubby when he was running an AMA team. I had two bad (really bad) flights and since then I'm the same way, I'm just terrified of flying. I've read the stats and talked to knowledgeable people on how it all works but when it comes down to it, my body just doesn't care about all that. I'm the white knuckled lady on every flight. I do take Xanax but even that doesn't really help (that's how bad it is). I can say that over the past year it's gotten better, although the flights I've been on seem to have been much calmer without a lot of turbulence...I have a lot of family on the west coast - two sisters in LA; mom and oldest daughter in Oregon, and my youngest daughter just moved to Washington state. So yeah, I have no choice but to just suck it up and fly which I still do on a frequent basis.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How'd it go?

14. CausticYarn

Stuck in traffic on the way to the airport right now. Conning one of the old men to liquor me up with nothing in return but a smile :)

15. CausticYarn

Good lord, the flight attendant to Denver was gorgeous and smelle like heaven.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Did she have a nice rack?

17. CausticYarn

Hell yes. Dark skin, olive colored eyes.

Darren! I found "the one"!

18. pickled egg

I'll believe it when I find her tied to our bed wrapped up in a bow. :Poke:

19. CausticYarn

Didn't even get her number.

20. pickled egg

You're fired.