1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excuse me very much, but...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Nancy Starke, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Yes, really just kidding, I'm pretty thick skinned. :D

2. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Good to know.;)

3. 3rddegr6

3rddegr6 Well-Known Member

Posted by Frank Angel:
    Man, what a difference a day makes! I got my butt blasted yesterday for a mild suggestion that something was wrong with this picture. Mr. Wilkins obviously wields a much bigger stick!

Yeah I got the "rolleyes" yesterday myself at the mere suggestion of it. I just decided not to argue about it. glad to see I wasn't the only one who had a funny feeling aboout all this though..

4. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Yeah, the father is a little bit wierd - I picked up on that a little bit from the news conference yesterday. I'd probably run-away from him too. More will definately come out, she was up to something I think.

As for VIR Bruce? I'm staying with my 2 feet firmly on the ground that w/e, and giving the whole thing a miss. I'm still repairing my bike after running into a backmarker at Tally - oops. I'm saving my next performance for Savannah:D

5. 418

418 Expert #59

You guys are idiots.

I love how anytime there is a story like this the first line of defense is "I'm sure she's a little spoiled rich girl/guy".
    Who's not spoiled then??? Shit, most of you make more money than I do, but I don't judge you by your fucking income, do I...??? And by the amount of brand new Suburban's, Tundra's and shiny new racebikes in the pits...I'd say that some of you were those spoiled little brats when you were young. ...and probably are still... How f@cking hypocritical.

Sorry for the "go off", but I'm tired of this bull shit hypocricy.

Not to mention the fact how you all think that this girl just ran away for the thrill of it. Talk about ignorant. I'm all with the fact that something smeels fishy, but I'd be more pointing the finger at the parents not the kid. It's easy to judge (...and spout bullshit opinions...) when you're not the one in the situation. Unless this happend to you when you were 14, you pretty much have no merit of opinion here.

6. Nancy Starke

Nancy Starke Well-Known Member

See, this is the tactic. Doubting a "child miraculeously re-united with her family after an evil kidnapping" story will always initially be met by strong, angry opposition from gullible weenies who can't see the forest for the trees. That is what the likes of Patty Hearts and Elizabeth Smart count on: those weenies who will take up for them without any question whatsoever. They hide behind them.

And those who see through the superficial angle of the story are usually forced to retreat or decide to walk away without further discussion because it comes down to a "How dare you say anything bad about apple pie?" Anybody who has watched this situation and the family members closely who don't think anything is fishy here are...welll gullible and naive.

7. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I think a lot of it is the way the child was raised. If her parents were very strict, i.e., telling her what to do and when to do it, she would probably tend to do what anyone told her. If her parents were they type to give her responsibilities and treat her like a person, she would probaby try to run from the "kidnappers" every chance she got. Just my 2 cents....

8. Tracee Polcin

Maybe you should write for the tabloids Bruce, you spin a good story.

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

bruce, f7ck tracee. you are so right. the whole story is bullshit.

10. Nancy Starke

Nancy Starke Well-Known Member

No, but apparently I know a great deal about child-raising, because whenever I correct Nancy on how she raises her kids, she calls me "Dr. Bruce." ;) :D

11. Tracee Polcin

Nah, not today, it's that time of the month.

12. mad brad

mad brad Guest

now i'm hurt. fiesel says you never turn down his monkey love. :(

13. Tracee Polcin

Tony is cuter, what can I say.

14. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yeah, if you're into the holocaust victim look.

15. Tracee Polcin

I do have the 50 lb. rule I use.;)

16. mad brad

mad brad Guest

:confused: tony doesn't weigh fifty pounds. :confused:

17. Tracee Polcin

No, I won't get with anybody that weighs within 50lbs of what I weigh. NFC!!!!:D

18. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yeah but, you weigh 100. and tony weighs 48. that makes you two compatable. :D

19. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Now you are generalizing, Hagasan. Some of us that are racing, and I would say that it's majority, did not have the wealthy life growing up. Granted, I was blessed with a supportive father. But after years of dedication and hard work as a kid, I was able to pick up sponsors and get free stuff thus taking the burden off my dad for his support of my racing Moto-x. He bought the first and second bike for me (a used XR75 when I was 7-racing against 5 year newer yz80s and rm80s and then a YZ80 in 1981) We modded and rode that thing against newer bikes and were always a step behind in technology. On a severly close budget.

When that was over in my early 20s, I didn't have a bike through college, which I paid for most of by working full time. My point is, most of us that are able to participate in this sport did the right things to allow us to afford it now. We made the right decisions to position us to realize our dreams and passions. The only decision I wish I had made differently would've been to start roadracing instead of Moto-x at age 14. Generalizing that most of us were spoiled as children makes you just as bad a hypocrit as you say these folks are. Not to offend but simply call attention to your mistake.

This, I agree with you on. We cannot blindly judge this girl or her family until we have the facts. And, WTF does it matter what her "motives" were. The fact is that she is home with her family.

20. timmy

timmy 00 GSXR-750

yeah, i think something is definitely rotten in denmark, but waht i don't know. calm and cool after being abducted by 9 moths, hmmm . . . . BUT on a side note anybody see the special last night where they had the barzee daughter, the "original" runaway, thats a hottie mcgee if you ask me :D