1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Estate Tax....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by XFBO, Apr 26, 2016.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't suck at what I do.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That's not always true. If it were there are at the very least 3 people I can think of at this moment in an office in Gwinnett county who are proving that wrong.

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Check
    BS, but can understand how a lot of people draw to that conclusion.
    Not always, often times they do business ONCE with lotsa different folks, they tend to travel often times to escape their poor rep and continue to rip ppl off for poor services.

4. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Actually you are dead wrong. They deduct appox 15% of public employees income for pension here. But the gov robbed their funds so yes the taxpayer is on the hook. Blame democrats. They run the state here. And they don't make more in retirement.

XFBO likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

That's just it the public sector unions bolstered by the Democratic party has made it almost impossible for the public to make or take any corrective action relative towards reducing public service, regardless if its wanted or not. A simple Google search supports this. The notion that the public sector reacts to the wishes of the people is absurd. But hey, keep telling yourself it's no different than the private sector - you know the sector that has to operate efficiently in the market place in order to stay in business. The sector that generates the dollars that is taken to support the public sector. You know this.

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Pick the Nit, if you will.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

OK so explain to me again where the money comes from that the 15% is deducted?

Also, pension. What private sector job still offers a pension. Most have stopped or are transitioning away from this option. There are plenty of examples out there where public workers are making more or close to what they made while working that are now retired. True.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid:Anything to justify that the public sector operates no differently then the private sector I guess. :crackup:

Where does the money come from? ;)

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

China

10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You make your living in the Ag sector, correct?

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Republican Governor's started the trend down here but then a few Dem. Gov's (in between) did the same.....Gov. Whore Whitman not only raided our pension system to the tune of a few billion but then proceeded to allow 'struggling' Counties,Cities & Towns to write IOU's for their portion of their pension responsibility. The officer's didn't have the luxury of forgoing their portion so fast forward 20+ yrs, the current Gov. wants to 'fix' a 20+ yr political corruption problem in his 2 terms by cutting back on all their bennies AND pension promises....great huh? What would YOU do if you got slighted on contract promises at the very end of it???

It's literally gotten to the point that any one with half a brain won't want the job and I can't blame them one bit. You think this profession has undesirables NOW???? LMAO!!! Just wait!

Hey, I'm just joining the party. :D

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

IF you paint all the money Private Sector workers earn GREEN, Then....you paint all money paid in Taxes RED,

What color is all money in the possession of Government Workers & those who receive Taxpayer funds ?? The $$ they pay their taxes with is RED....FUCKING RED.

If you continue to add "G'ment Wokers" who provide services and more "benefits", eventually you will in fact run out of Green Money.

You notice I don't blame R or D...because the model is based on what THEY all DO...because it is "Fair"..or "Just"...make any excuse you will...Nit Pick..have fun..I am going to make some shit.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Oh brother, this nonsense gets old after awhile......I'm NO Gov. cheerleader, I've vented enough on here, over the yrs, to prove that and have expressed the yearning to see a smaller government but with that said, let's not get stupid. Without the bare minimum of their existence, on what infrastructure do you expect to travel on? Without LE and/or prisons, exactly how safe would the majority of this country be or feel? I can but won't bother going on with various other State/Federal agencies that do positive things and/or their mere existence can help bad shit from happening.

Is their a lot of corruption, you bet, has the Courts failed us on many occasions, yep.......but overall, it's still the best country in the world.

Whatever the hell you guys are suggesting, I'd LOVE to see that Utopia of yours in operation.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There is no union here and I don't support public sector unions. Yes I know my salary comes from tax dollars. I pay some of those taxes, and I am more careful spending the taxpayers money than I am with my own. In 18 years, I have always been under budget. I didn't determine what services the government is to provide, but I work my ass off to provide those that fall under my responsibility as professionally, efficiently and cost effectively as possible. I also know that attitude is not universal.

Yes it is more difficult for me to lose my job, but it is also harder to receive compensation increases for a good job. I cannot offer incentives to my best employees. It is difficult to weed out marginal employees. I get crap from above and below and have know-it-alls constantly think they can do it better. At the end of the day, I know I have provided great service for the wages paid, because this is my community too.

G 97 likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I would love to have been offered the option of a 401k or whatever the equivalent is. The option wasn't available and the pension was mandatory.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

"Necessary Services"
    I didn't say we don't NEED Police/Fire/EMT's...you guys are always so sensitive...

IT is the Politicians, Buraucrats and Assholes filling buildings "making work to make a living/pension".

The Bloated, Over Staffed, inept shit you see when you go to the FKn DMV...
    Wasted money on HUGE Opulant buildings .......fk it... nvr mind.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Cool. Let's try the no government option and see exactly how much money stays green. Anarchy is ever so efficient.

XFBO likes this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

He who has the best armory wins. :D

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Then what are you bitching about smart guy. You knew who you were working for when you went in. Why are you somehow now shocked that they are happily fuckin you because they can?

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should have made that distinction in your post #52?

But like I said, there are various other non police/fire/ems gov jobs that are absolutely needed........what's definitely NOT needed is the politicizing of these jobs.