1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eric Stump is a bit upset.

Discussion in 'General' started by crazywolf450r, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2. Jed

Jed mellifluous

But what about the guys that overheard the whole thing because they were pitted next to or across from them and saw the whole thing?

3. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Doing a trackday at Chuckwalla (been to a few) on a stock R6 and calling it testing is a really big stretch. The fast groups speed disparity is pretty bad. My kids best lap on the trackday was around 9 seconds under his race pace because of traffic. Pretty poor barometer of skill or potential.

Gorilla George and BigBird like this.
  4. If you don't have 6 go-pro's mounted that's not enough effort and you will be sacked.

I think there is more to this story.

5. Shaking down a bike at a TD yes, "testing" no. What real data are you actually going to get not to mention closing speeds are just way too big, especially riders not used to getting passed closely.

dickie doo likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Everyone knows that the real fast guys don't test at trackdays. They test at the wang of the dragon. Rossi holds the record there on his M1.

dickie doo likes this.
  7. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

There's nothing like a pro rider/ riders/ team going through the fast group at warp speed with TPM every March at VIR while everybody else is wondering how the f@ck to relearn to ride a bike again after 5-6 months off :D

I don't mind it one bit and prefer to be stuffed/ beaten on the brakes by an awesome rider than a fast squid, easy excuse all day long and twice on Sunday :beer:

Also, Rossi is on the R1 (smh with this M1 nobody has heard off) and once won a liter bike race on the R6 and he started last :D

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Marcel? Mr. Irnie? That you??

9. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Eric has to be so psyched that the Eslick discussion is pushing this thread below the fold. Ha.

stk0308, oilslinger and DucatiBomber like this.
  10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

All the years I did trackdays, it seemed like td orgs bent over backwards to have a pro level rider at their event, so if that org is running a 3 group day it would seem to benefit everyone to run a shorter 4th group maybe for the pro rider??? Just in case td org is watching.....:D

11. No shit? Ohhhh. I bet he had the gyro cam, that's got to be worth at least 12 minutes.

12. He gets a pass, he actually does some pretty neat stuff with the footage.

13. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

Is it bad I watch his videos?

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

For what it is worth, Roger Lyle's Motorcycle Xcitement runs a Racer group when there are enough of them present at an event to make a 4th group. I have seen it happen a few times at Summit Main. As an older and more out of shape than I should be rider, I can live with 15 minute sessions, particularly on 90+ degree days. I just focus on quality of time instead of quantity. Not having a bunch of really fast racers in advanced gives me more space on the track and works out fine. It probably works out even better for the fast racers not having me in their way.

15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Not at all. Marcel used to be a regular at OMRRA. Some of his on-track behaviour resulted in him no longer participating.
    He's transformed into a rider that qualifies at AMA level fairly consistently.

Overall, he's a very good promoter/show-man/marketer of the Marcel Irnie brand. He's very good at that, no sarcasm.
    The videos is just part of his overall package.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

...and he's buddies with JRP

cajun636 likes this.
  17. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Hahahahaha

18. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

"teammates" according to MI in something I watched last year

19. masshole

masshole sixoneseven