1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eric Stump is a bit upset.

Discussion in 'General' started by crazywolf450r, Mar 7, 2016.

1. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

sides, but also the second

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

but that is kinda squidly by the team to sac someone that has (i assume) signed a contact. it's not like Eric hasn't raced before, odd they wouldn't wait to see actual race results before basing what might happen off of a track day outing.

3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

More importantly, was Brandon ok?

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not sure how a "Test" at a trackday at a non MA tack while on a stock bike would result in any usable racing data anyway. To me this all comes down to personalities between the rider and fellow teammates and for whatever reason the owner didn't feel like they were all on the same page going forward so he ended the relationship. Who knows.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He said on FB that he tried to land on his feet at 90mph. Iirc he's fine but feets are sore.

6. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

facetoobs:
    Testing with Team Rabid Transit this weekend in preparation for the upcoming MotoAmerica season. Team is getting on very well and we are making great progress.
    Unfortunately while learning the new R1 I got a little too throttle happy and had a pretty nasty highside and landed on my feet (guess I thought that was possible at 90mph!). I'm okay just battered and bruised and feet are killing me!
    Looks like that's it for the test for me unless I magically feel loads better tomorrow! On the positive side it was overall very productive and good to be back on a bike. Thanks to the team for busting their butts to get the bike ready for the weekend. We'll come back for the COTA test later this month stronger and smarter!

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

I agree, but better to take action early for the sake of the team and rider so both can move on and regroup. Would be far worse to wait until the season started or mid season IMO.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Chicken winging a liter bike will do that to you. :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Both? :D More the sides to any story involving a team. Got the rider, owner, riders best buddy, friend of the owner, at least one crew member and the crew members girl/boy friend who knows all about what went down :crackup:

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I actually get breaking up after any event if the dynamics are just plain wrong.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That sucks, was looking forward to seeing Stumpy back out there again.

12. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

My guess is big mouths created some big butt hurt and the owner decided to cut his losses. Probably best for all involved.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That post won't do him any good. Nope, no good at all.

BigBird likes this.
  14. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Come on Greg. I know you've been around a while and know that with contracts there is two sets of agreements.

One side is what the team agrees to provide and the other is what the rider agrees to do...

Yes my ankles are fine but pretty bruised. My right foot is swollen like hell but I can walk on it. I'll be good for the COTA test! Thanks to those who asked!

slowzx6, bleacht, BigBird and 3 others like this.
  15. Jedb

but what about the girlfriend's cousin's gardener's stepson's uncle who saw the whole thing?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well hell, done forgot all about him. Make it 7 sides for sure!

17. Jedb

Brandon, glad you are ok.

18. Jedb

Too many Bushy's... :poke:

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Eric is a SERIOUSLY fast young talented dude.

He's been overseas racing supermoto and raced DMG in a few different classes.

Almost DIED in a dirt track crash battling for the lead on a mile a few years ago and banged his noggin pretty good.

Hopefully they can come to terms because he's very passionate and would have made the team a LOT faster With great results.

20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Sooooo did you really vote him off the team?