1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eric Stump is a bit upset.

Discussion in 'General' started by crazywolf450r, Mar 7, 2016.

1. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

:stupid:

The guy can roll. I got to ride/watch him at Josh's house raising some serious hell on a 450 motard a few years back. I've honestly never seen anyone ride a bike that well before in my life, and he'd go from drifting on the mini track to throwing 30' tail whips on the MX track... all on the same bike with slicks. o_O

I was looking forward to gridding up with him this year.

2. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I didn't vote him off anything.

3. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Thanks Jed. Call me sometime man, been a while since we caught up!

4. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

So....where do I apply to be his replacement? :)

SamG and DucatiBomber like this.
  5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

10--4

6. oilslinger

oilslinger Well-Known Member

That FB post could very well explain the "wrong attitude" part of things. That's not a very professional way of dealing with things in any aspect of the situation. I've been in his shoes, half way through the season my first year as a pro. At the time I felt shafted and cheated. Now I realize how much of it was on me. I still think it was wrong to be dropped half way through a weekend and sent home on a plane after riding with the team all the way to Wisconsin lol but I hold no ill will towards the team or the people who made the decision. I made mistakes and it bit me. I never once bashed the team or said anything negative about them. It is what it is, I moved on and did everything I could to get to the next race, every year. The owner of that team is the reason I got to ride a triumph my last year and made me a lot of great contacts. You gotta keep people in your back pockets, even the ones with questionable history. You never know when it could come back to help you.

Also, any chance of him picking something else up just got all but diminished. What team would want someone using profanity and bashing another team on social media?

rugbymook, kanatuna and MELK-MAN like this.
  7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

You mean that wasn't your application on the last page of RRW Last month??

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup::crackup:

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

As we have even seen on the Beeb, sometimes a bang to the head can make someone lose their filter and have a very short leash. Not saying it's the cause, but it very well could be. So, actually Eric Stump's response makes more sense now, when you put it in this context.

10. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

What makes you think that happened?
    Is that even possible?

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

true. ya never really know someone till ya spend a long day with em.. but dang, how about
    preeeeety sure Robby-Bobby was joking with Brandon ;)

12. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Second team test is already scheduled to take place on the dragon.

Canadian Bacon, BigBird and drop like this.
  13. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Testing at an open trackday doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I ride open trackdays at chuckwalla a couple times a year and there are always a couple beginners out there not to mention lots of not very fast [compared to the big boys] people like me. Just doesn't seem like the time a professional can really focus and make changes. His comment about not wanting to blow past the trackday peeps is spot on as well. At best it'll piss off the insecure and at worst it'll become a physical problem for some hot heads.

BigBird likes this.
  14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

indeed.. the closing speed differences in an advanced group, when there are PRO riders on track, is crazy. It's like you are mixing the typical advanced group with "fast novice" and intermediate riders. It's WAY cheaper to do 'testing' at a track day vs. renting the track though, but have to agree. How much quality track time do you actually get.

I wish everyone involved the best, and as Brandon stated earlier.. i'm sure there was more to this story.

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

If I had a dime for every time someone was "testing", at a track day, I'd have a factory rig by now.

It's called a track day for a reason.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you're a pro team wanting to test it's simple - go racing at an actual race or rent the track. Glomming onto a track day and pushing at race pace is not cool.

speedluvn and BigBird like this.
  17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The grey area are probably teams that are semi-pro. Not everyone that shows up to race MA even for the full season is really a pro level team. I am not saying that is the case here.

It also depends on what the goals for the test are going to be. If they are just looking to get the rider comfortable on the bike (adjusting all of the controls, making sure a newly built bike is running well, doing some rough base suspension set ups and that sort of thing) then I think that would be fine for the non-factory pro teams. If they are really looking to push lap times, not so much.

With that being said as a track day guy, not racer, I have been on the track with some pretty fast company at some track days. They generally are not the ones that have done stupid stuff like completely stuffing me going into the corner. That seems to be the realm of the guys who are trying to "win" the track day. The real fast guys usually have passed me so quickly and smoothly that they were gone before I knew they were there and left me with my jaw hanging open as I pondered how in the heck they could be so fast.

18. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I've dealt with a few guys "testing" at the track days as a CR, and had to caution a few if they didn't cool it.

It's not cool at all, and honestly it's a shitty way to acquire data, as you can rarely get a flying lap. I'm all for testing, making geometry changes, etc, but not at the expense of my safety or others.

If you're at the level where you need to "test" then you should go racing, or rent a track like Tally or Jennings for a few thousand during the week.

BigBird likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool. We were going off of what Eric posted about the track day end of things. Back to the 7 sides to every story :D

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Back down to six. :D