1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eric Bostroms next excuse will be....

Discussion in 'General' started by GSXR600, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Matt has already mentioned that he would move if he had a deal in MGP. The fact of the matter is, that no deal has surfaced that could beat what he's doing in the states. Think about it, would YOU take a pay cut to move if you were the best in your job? Same shit here. This aint just for bragging rights, the guy is racing for a living. All said and done, this guy gotta collect a paycheck and pay bills like the next man.

2. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Werd. Although "Most wins in AMA Superbike history" doesn't sound too bad for bragging rights!

Plus, you have to wonder how long he'll keep racing. Unless he had a seat on a factory Honda or Yamaha (or hopefully Suzuki in the near future) there would be no point in him going to MotoGP. You just aren't going to win (much) unless you are on a factory bike there (or most anywhere).

3. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I can think of at least one instance of Eric getting the better of Mat, and Eric on a 5 year-old bike at that. Remember the race at VIR when Mladin was too much of a wanker to attend the podium ceremony? :D

Let me refresh your memory.....

[​IMG]

4. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I was standing about 10 feet away from Eboz after the practice session yesterday and I could hear him telling his mechanics "the bike just wont turn"

5. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

I was having the same thought watching him on TV, he is taking wide lazy lines and does not appear to be able to turn as sharp as he needs to.

Maybe he is having some physical issues as well? (aside from the bike won't turn). I get the feeling that Hodgson just man power the bike a little more than Eric could right now.

6. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Just not on the suzuki. The equipmnet really makes a difference at that level. If he went top MotoGP on the Suzuki the best he could do would probably be the best of the second tier equipment riders.

7. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

Hodgson rode Ducati for a good while, before his GP stint. And he was frickin on FIRE on that bike in WSBK.

EBoz doesn't have *that* much time on it, and its got to be a worlds away difference from the Kwaker 7R.

Give him time, I agree he should be flying since he did at PPIR last year and beat everyone. But he will come up to speed or move on.

FWIW - Eboz rode the absolute crapshit out of that slug-of-a-7R-pooperbike and I give him all the credit in the universe for that!

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't think time has much to do with it. Other racers have made the jump from in-line 4s to Ducati with immediate success: Kocinski, Mladin, Bayliss and yes, Hodgson.

I still rank Erik as top 5 American talent. But I've lost hope on his performance on the Ducati. :(

9. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Standing in the pits yesterday Hodgeson and Bostrom had different pit crews. #100's were all Italian, and #32's were all American.

When I asked Hodgeson about the Suzukis he said they seemed to turn incredible easily and quickly wheras he had to muscle his bike more. He said that Barber was a particularly tricky track from that perspective.

He also told me how to do Turn 1, he told me what all the slower guys were doing wrong there, and now I cant wait to try out his top secret tips :D ;)

What else...??? this and that, but he seems like a really genuine and nice chap all round.

10. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

:stupid:

11. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

:stupid:

That, and Eric really hasn't been the same since Bozo Yates' turn one torpedo at Laguna. An injury like that might still nag him and affect his ability to turn the bike. I would seriously love to see him on a factory Yamaha, Kaw, Honda or Suzuki.

Mat has proved to all that he is the man in AMA. There is nothing left for him to prove here. He should step up to WSK or GP. You can't tell me that Suzuki thinks he wouldn't do better than Hopper.

12. GSXR600

GSXR600 Well-Known Member

That bike (kawi) E-boz was racing the last few years was far from a outdated slug. Yea its inception was dated, but the upgrades that machine got kept it on pace. It was far from the ZX7 Chandler was racing, even the one Yates rode a few years earlier. Latest and greatest suspension, chasis changes and even motor bore.

Im not saying E-boz isn't a good rider. But even back when he was doing better on the Kawi i think most would agree Mladin was and still is a faster rider. Heck the GSXR750 Mladin was riding and taking checkers on was not the most powerfull bike on the grid really ever. Honda had always had the power advantage, even Duc......well until the new 1000 rules.

13. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Did you tell him about you impersonating him on the bbs? :D

14. GixxerGarry

GixxerGarry Well-Known Member

lol

15. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

More like me making an ass of myself for someone elses pleasure you mean???:rolleyes: :D

16. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Okay. :D

17. tomzx6rr

tomzx6rr Well-Known Member

i dont think that eric is happy where he is but i dont think that is the only problem. everyont knows the front end on that bike has had problems and is probably doing alot to his already diminished confidence. the fact is the boy can ride i dont recall anyone else making a whole field of pros look like rookies like he did at road america two years ago winning by 34sec

18. ZX-7RR

ZX-7RR GSXR Killer

Boy you guys sure are fast to bash the 7RR.....Its one of the best built bikes ever made ....Has suzuki made anything that has lasted as long???? how did chris walker finish last year??? what bike was he on??? It was an awsome bike..let it be.

19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Yes, that Foggy Petronas, what an awesome bike:D

20. 418

418 Expert #59

I guess the GSX-R750 doesn't count, huh...??? :D

The ZX-7RR is a great bike.

...but even in 1996...

It was as overweight then, as it is overweight now.