1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eric Bostroms next excuse will be....

Discussion in 'General' started by GSXR600, Apr 24, 2005.

1. GSXR600

GSXR600 Well-Known Member

Holly sheeeit, this thread has over 2,100 views.....guess E-Boz is on the minds of plenty. Hope he sorts his mess out.

2. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

go eboz!!! I only have 1 signed racing poster ever, and its eboz :D

3. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

doesn't eboz own road america?

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Okay, we still need your HP numbers. The motor may be built, but I'm siding with Home Skillet on this one. I need a dyno sheet that shows a ZX-7RR with 177 HP... Frankly, I find it hard to believe that number. I can figure that 155-160HP at the CRANK, but $50.00 to the airfence fund that if I tore down your buddy's motor I would either:

A) Find a 94-97 ZX-9R motor crammed into a 7RR chassis

or

B) That motor was set so loose and decked so tight that it made 177 H.P. on it's 2nd Dyno run and ingested valves and shot pistons out the front of it's case on the cool down.

Now, I am not calling anyone a liar, but after being probably the most severe Kawi enthusiast since I saw the first 89 ZX-7, I have yet to see any 7 model Kawi produced break the 162 barrier and that is crank, not RWH, that didn't whistle when you twisted the throttle or didn't suck down something in the vicinity of notromethane. Prove me wrong and show me a Dyno sheet for your 7RR or your buddies 7RR I can send J.U. a paypal this evening because this I have to see..

5. ZX-7RR

ZX-7RR GSXR Killer

I will ask him for proof...and get back to you, as for my motor I'm sure huffdaddy will more then happy to post the numbers after hes done with the work.I'm thinking the same thing as you about 177.....thats fuckin high....anyways weight wise..If any of you guys know Roger Bell....its at his shop...go have a look...carbon body #324 "Waffle House" Bike. You cant miss it

6. 418

418 Expert #59

177rwhp for a ex-SBK bike is reasonable.

177rwhp for a "built" motor from your "average" performance shop is a strech.

Good luck. You're gonna need it.

7. 418

418 Expert #59

'Voila.

This is as close as you're gonna get to 177rwhp. :)

They're saying at max tune this thing will top out at 155rwhp.

8. Hyperdyne

How much does it weigh?

If your talking 390-400 wet, I can beleive that..

If your talking 360-365 wet, I call either BS or $$$.. To get the Kawi that low, your talking Falicon Crank, Carillo rods, ti valves, CF Subframe/bodywork/tank, Marchesini Wheels etc... I know you have kit swingarm, but the Kawi swingarm wasnt that heavy to begin...

9. 418

418 Expert #59

With lights...???

If it weights under 450 pounds wet, I'd be shocked.

When privateers ran these bike is AMA and World SBK,
    shedding weight off these bikes was the biggest problem they had.

Honestly, the best way to make shit load of power out of a ZX-7R, is to put a ZX-9R motor in it. :)

10. Hyperdyne

OK, I checked for myself and here's the specs on your Raptor:

http://www.koups.com/sales/kawasaki/specs/1998/sb750raptor.htm

Weight 355 Dry....

Horsepower for a 750 ain't even close... For an 850cc bike it's right there...

Awww hell.. I'll send JU some money anyway:)

Now you wanna talk sex appeal...

1) ZX-7RR WSB Spec
    2) R7 - Hagasan's WSB
    3) Ducati 916/998

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  11. Hendo

Hendo V Card Puncher

I have a picture of him riding b@tch on my ZX-7R:D :D :up:

12. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Are you serious? By the way, thanks for calling me on my birthday. :)

13. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

I'd wait until Huffdaddy posts the dyno sheet.
    They're a real shocker to folks most of the time. :D

14. Hendo

Hendo V Card Puncher

Yep, and I have one of Chandler riding b@tch on my ZX-7R also.

Will try and post...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  15. Putter

I can see it from the link. Sweet!

16. ZX-7RR

ZX-7RR GSXR Killer

Well thats close......I have a SUTER clutch, Akro evo pipe,and carbon bodywork....so....No light , no starter ,no alt ...I was guessing around 350 dry ...with around 165 to the wheel....Mine is lighter and should make some power...funny thing is its just my track bike....no racing just putting around track days

17. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Yep, I've seen the pic. :cool:
    She must have liked him because he wrote on her gas tank and she still let him ride on the back of her bike. :D

18. Putter

She must've been in a good mood that day. :D

19. ZX-7RR

ZX-7RR GSXR Killer

thats the brits....and a stock crank...mine is a 835...and falicon has touched it....

20. Hendo

Hendo V Card Puncher

The ZX-7R tank autographed by BOTH Chandler and Bostrom is hanging on my livingroom wall.

:D