1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eric Bostroms next excuse will be....

Discussion in 'General' started by GSXR600, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Somehow, I didn't think you'd let that one go. :cool:

2. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

So, when is Huffdaddy putting it on the dyno?

3. ZX-7RR

ZX-7RR GSXR Killer

when he gets time...and i go get the bike from roger

4. Hendo

Hendo V Card Puncher

Here is the EBoz Pic!!!

[​IMG]

5. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

That was sweet of you to sign it for him. :D

6. Hendo

Hendo V Card Puncher

Yeah I mailed him the original. Mailed one to Chandler too his crew said they put it up at the office.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You autographing his pic absolutely kicks ass! :D

Too bad you don't still have the bike (or do you?) we could get the next generation of Kawi guys on it too :)

8. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I guess he sort of deserved that autograph.
    I'm jealous.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Me too, I never get racers like Ilene's autographs.

10. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I'll settle for riding bitch.:beer:

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Actually a fully prepped 850 Raptor(actually 835cc) would dust Superstock GSXR750s with very little difficulty in the right hands. I worked for a set of those hands that had 2 Raptor "850s". It struggled racing with the bored out FXtreme Valvoline GSXR750s but beat them on occasion. The best rear wheel hp obtained on the Raptors we had was 172hp(achieved by one of the best in the AMA) if my memory serves me and that wasn't very reliable(memory and horsepower :D ). It was pretty damn bullet proof at around 155-160. Keep in mind I'm trying to remember numbers from the 97, 99 and 2000 seasons. It's been awhile and I'm old. :D

The 160rwhp on the 750 Raptor is likely to put 100 bucks toward the air fence fund... it ain't gonna happen. :p

As for weight, the team owner and I put in quite a bit of time trimming, fabricating, etc. and got the Raptor down below the FXtreme minimum weight requirement. We had to put lead on the thing to meet the spec. Those bikes can be lightened if you have the money. We had the money. ;) Oh and his 750 Superbike was also under the weight limit and I think the best it did on hp was around 150 in it's prime and that was pushing reliability. Rebuilds usually every other weekend. It took alot of money for those machines. :eek:

12. ZX-7RR

ZX-7RR GSXR Killer

well good thing I'm running the 835 crank......those were gear driven engines right? Who was the rider??

13. GSXR600

GSXR600 Well-Known Member

Well sure a 850cc built to the gills Raptor is gonna give a GSXR750 fits.

I don't think anyone here doubts that. Even the 850 raptor and bored over GSXR of that generation (SRAD) would likely be pretty close in HP being many of the same motor work mods would be done to both leaving the gixxer only a few lbs lighter.

But back at the point agreed???? Stock ZX7 are pigs!!! right?

14. Hendo

Hendo V Card Puncher

I'll sign a Feb 2005 Roadracing world for you!!!:D

15. Putter

Hey I want one! You are a star. :cool:

16. Hendo

Hendo V Card Puncher

Alright, if you will leave me alone then:Poke: :D :D

17. Putter

I give up. I am goin to bed.

Putter stalking starts bright and early tomorrow. :D

18. Hendo

Hendo V Card Puncher

Wuss!!!

19. ZX-7RR

ZX-7RR GSXR Killer

Oh yes they are fat....but in race trim...........the same....which comes down to power and handling....you can spend money and get the same power as a gsxr but you cant get a gsxr to ride as stable as a 7RR......and now for all the suzuki diehards to attack.

I would love to have a comparison battle for the fund...anyone have a worked up 96 gsxr ????

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I believe they were gear driven but not positive. I was more of a gopher on the team and comedy relief so I never got into the engine itself. Helped change engines but never opened them.

Steve Grigg, Jr was the rider.