1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dunlop Contingency

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by CleverRiver6, Dec 22, 2020.

1. CleverRiver6

CleverRiver6 Well-Known Member

TBH I wasn't thinking about those factors. I view the Relay class as more of a way for people to try out endurance without the risk of sharing bikes. I can see the pitstop time advantages, but honestly I minimum pitstop time, which would solve that easily.

2. BretSV

BretSV Well-Known Member

I agree. I wasn't thinking about relay further lowering ULW cost, but helping people get over all the hurdles you listed to try it out and then hopefully get hooked and jump into the series full time on a team bike.

CleverRiver6 likes this.
  3. rob92

rob92 Member

For reference, the P1 payout was $800 in the previous few years that we've done this and it's now $2,500. A tad more than 66%! We're also paying deeper into the lineup from 3rd to 7th place.

Regarding relay in the ULW... that's a tough one. The grid is small and has not attracted a lot of riders. Our largest grid was PittRace with roughly 16-18 bikes out there, while others have been 7-8. Until there's a there, there... further group splits and the algebra just doesn't work.

For this same reason, we came up with the relay class. It's about letting people put a toe in the water and/or those that don't have the means to build a bike or don't really want to share one. That's why it's not eligible for the overall and is more of a low-stakes race. We considered superbike/superstock, dry-break/no dry-break, quick-change, no quick-change, pro vs non-pro... In the end, we decided simple was best and not to brain fuck this thing to death.

We have a nice piece of pie for the riders, creating more groups (at least now) is a diminishing return for everyone.

4. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Still going to be able to do registration etc via N2 website or is process changing?

5. rob92

rob92 Member

Registration will be done via N2 site.

6. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

My 66% was from Brad's # of 1500. Awesome to see the extra money that Dunlop is putting into this series! Thanks Rob and Sean for N2's and WERA's efforts to promote and help grow this series!

rob92, JBall and CleverRiver6 like this.