1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drug Epidemic!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Hawk518, Jun 27, 2017.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Oh c'mon. Give the gold digger his due. :bow:

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I was wondering if the joke was understood... ;)

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Some of these fuckers make sacks of hair seem downright Einseinian. :D

4. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Could you elaborate? I don't know enough about the people of Ensenada to know whether this is a complement or a jab:crackup:

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Came across this article today, seemed very appropriate for this thread.....thought you'd enjoy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4647780/America-s-drug-addiction-revealed-new-report.html

United States of drug addiction: Alaska spends the most to get their fix, cocaine is a national favorite, and graduates are the most likely to try sex work to fund their habit, report reveals
    • A new report reveals the extent and severity of America's drug problems
    • Alaska spends an average of $384 daily, five times more than other states
    • Marijuana makes up more than 70 percent of drug use followed by cocaine
    • More than 70 percent of people who turned to sex work to fund their habit held at least a bachelor's degree

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Most of the people that I have met with a past in the sex industry did not venture it as a career though it ended being a lifestyle for a while. Interesting, how drug dependency leads to prostitution and a majority of prostitute are dependent on drugs to carry through.

I have met a few women that legitimately love sex, they don't use drugs and they don't charge a penny. :)

8. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

U-S-A!! U-S-A!! We're Number One!!!

Arnold_Riken likes this.
  9. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

At a neighborhood dinner party recently I had a conversation with an anesthesiologist, who works at a pain management practice. He was pretty disenchanted with his work, his line of work, his company, his role in the system, etc. It was a pretty disheartening conversation. Basically, he said he and his fellow doctors have daily, weekly, monthly quotas for prescribing pain meds. Not quotas for managing outcomes and improving the lives of their patients, but for the volume and quantity of prescription pain meds they prescribe. Even if I know and suspect as much myself, to me it was a shocking confession.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Who is giving them quotas ? Is the place owned by a drug company ?

11. galloway840

My impression is that he works for a practice with owners. Read up on how doctors are incentivised by drug companies. They don't have to own them. They just give them massive kickbacks in various forms.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Its ridiculous. Every time my buddy goes to the dr for even the simplest of aches or soreness, the doc will write him a script for pain meds. I usually only go to the doc for routine maintenance/check up stuff. Fortunately I've never had to go for any sort of major debilitating pain. The one time I had to get root canal work done the dentist refused to prescribe me a narcotic (he was a friend of the family and I was young at the time), and looking back I kind of sorta appreciate that.

The only time I've ever had a pain med was when I inadvertently took a swig from a bottle of prescription cough medicine that was in my parents medicine cabinet that had codeine in it. I look at pain as a good thing, it lets you know you're alive and that something is wrong with you. I probably would refuse pain meds unless it was completely excruciating to the point that I was on the verge of passing out.

galloway840 likes this.
  13. auminer

Pro tip: If you are ever unfortunate enough to get a second degree burn over a significant portion of your upper body, the first time they wheel you down to the hottub for your daily debridement therapy, go ahead & take the pain meds they offer you. I only said "first time" because on day two you'll already know. :mad:

This coming from a guy kept on working while a kidney stone made its ureter run.

For clarity: Are you saying that they have quotas for how many/much/often they are allowed to prescribe... or they have quotas for how many/much/often they have to prescribe? Either way is a shitshow, but I'd say limiting the number and making people suffer needlessly is just about as bad as pushing unnecessary pills out the door.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dude needs to sack up and be a man. Get his own practice or whatever it takes but being a part of that is bullshit and there are no excuses for it.

fastfreddie likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The first time I blowed myself up I took the drugs, every time. Tough to shake them when you're discharged (but now they'll send you home with enough 'scrips to make sure you're good and hooked). But mine were only 2nd and 3rd degree.

The second time, well, I wasn't as well done and I tried to get through as much as I could knowing that the shit they give you is tough to shake. 1st and less severe 2nd this time. :D

I wonder if I do it a third time I get the fourth treatment down the road for free? :crackup:

In Your Corner likes this.
  16. galloway840

That's right, tell him! I mean tell me so I can tell him, this neighbor i just met...

Lol...

17. auminer

Yeah, me & those little white pills have done the dance off & on for a long time. For about a month now my wife has had five 325-10 hydrocodone on the top shelf of the medicine cabinet. It embarrasses & pisses me off that I know that. I hate the way they call my name.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:D

19. galloway840

[QUOTE="
    For clarity: Are you saying that they have quotas for how many/much/often they are allowed to prescribe... or they have quotas for how many/much/often they have to prescribe? Either way is a shitshow, but I'd say limiting the number and making people suffer needlessly is just about as bad as pushing unnecessary pills out the door.[/QUOTE]

You ever heard of a sales quota that limits what you're supposed to sell?

Minimums...

20. auminer

You ever heard of a sales quota that limits what you're supposed to sell?

Minimums...[/QUOTE]

The first post did not specify "sales" quotas, merely that there were quotas in place. Given the government's intrusion into health care, and the innate ability of government to impose edicts with unintended consequences, I could see the government stepping in and placing arbitrary limits on prescription counts and strengths to further the war on drugs.