1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drug Epidemic!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Hawk518, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

My history here is known to most. I have often commented about growing in during the "Cocaine Years" in South Florida, I can fill a book with tales. However, the thing that is missing from those years is the feeling and/or observation of "sadness."

Drug was choice, to use or to get involved in the business. Therefore, I never felt bad for anyone that fell into that game.

However, my travels continue to expose me to people and areas that show the ill-effect of bad choice. The thing is that for the first time, I feel that the government and society is complicit.

I just went for a walk in Wooster, OH and I was hit on by two women offering personal services for monies. Each of those women, once had beauty that should have assisted them in achieving anything. Now, they are limited to a lesser life.

I don't understand how people get here. I can only conclude that as a society, we have mastered the art of tolerance. I see these tolerance in the face of ghost throughout, be it WI, MN, IA, IL, WV, OH, PA.

It is a sad State of the Nation!

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You should stick with your fuck'em and every junkie that looks like'em postion.

auminer likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The party was fun but when the party stopped, the shit got real.

How'd they get to where they are? Thinking the party was real and would never end? Taking oxy for "pain?" Started with mari-ju-wanna and that gateway drug led them to heroin? Bad life choices? Tried meth and really really f@ckin' liked it?

Shit if I know but they're there now. The real question is how do they got out of there.

In Your Corner likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

More like pot let to oxy (society being very complicit there) which led to heroin.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

See! Even Mongo agrees that it was pot's fault! :D

In Your Corner, Hawk518 and Phl218 like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pot is absolutely a gateway drug for the weakminded :D

10. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Do you feel that the problem (failure) is tolerance? Or perhaps is it something else?

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

I gotta go to Wooster soon. Where exactly did you meet them? :crackup:

i grew up in Germany's Heroin capital... as a skater boy. it was sad what i saw there. ... really sad.

Hawk518 likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Tolerance, stupidity, idol hands, idol minds, laziness, acceptance, wanting to be accepted, the inability or unwilliness to say "no thanks" . . . those and much much more.

My opinion on the reason for the epidemic of heroin (being specific to one drug for a moment)? Big Pharma, lazy doctors, stupid patients and ozy and those other opioids they hand out like tic tacs for every little pain and ache.

How bad is it? They run ads all day for drugs to help with the damn side effects of taking this shit! Can't poop because of your use of opioid pain meds? Take this! Stomach problems because of opioid? Take that! Here's an idea! Stop taking the damn opioids!

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

One problem is providing welfare benefits to junkies. You give them just enough to keep going.

Hawk518 likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Me? In part it's the whole snowflake thing. No personal responsibility makes it easier to let things get from fun to addiction. Add in support of people via welfare in towns with no hope or chance of recovery rather than encouraging people to move out and go where jobs are and you add to the hopelessness that has people looking for an escape the level of oxy and so on. Then add in that most people in a lower socio-economic situation encourage each other to stay there rather than work hard and get the fuck out. Lots of societal influence that makes it look good or helps it be accepted.

R Acree likes this.
  15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, now they're cranking out pills to take for your pill problem. Just read an article about that, it's a billions of dollar industry. Follow the money.

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Are you guys again expecting to find one reason and one solution to fix this?

Too much tolerance?

Knock Knock, There is still a 'War on Drugs' in a place where 0.75% of the US population is in jail and I'd guess a fair number of those are charged with drug related offenses. Now you want to increase the incarceration rate?

Are you guys on drugs?!!!......

I'm not sure what 'Idol hands' are......

SnacktimeKC and SuddenBraking like this.
  17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I like the side effects that may cause "death" in disclaimers...lol. Whats amusing is all the Type 2 diabetes medications and the 3 minutes of side effects! um heres an ignorant perscription...just stop over eating & avoid food courts or drive thrus!!

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Idol hands are just that but if you want me to spell it out, okay. People with too much time and nothing all that much to do. This could be a bored housewife, an unemployed dude, a college student with time to kill, a lonely guy sitting around his apartment after work or any of a thousand examples that people could come up with.

One fix? There is no magic single solution. But If you want a single fix that is effective with minimum cost how about public execution? That's about the only one solution I could come up with. Not saying to do it or that I'd even suggest it but it proved effective in China.

As for that 0.75% in jail, well, did they break the law?

19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The current suburban heroin epidemic has way more to do with big pharma and opioid prescribing doctors than a lot of the typical and historical epidemic issues. Obviously low SES and opportunites, etc compound this and are intertwined, but the white suburbia explosion of heroin should finally be the wake up call some people need on the impacts of prescribing opioids en masse. Heroin is cheaper and doesn't require prescriptions. Personally, I've barely taken an ibuprofin since having my spleen removed and have managed pain through multiple crashes and surgerys with a green leafy flower on which no one has ever OD'd - being heavy lobbied against by pharma and alcohol. My last ER trip to check for a clot after a surgery, multiple ER docs kept asking repeatedly if I needed anything for the pain and seemed bewildered when I said no. I know friends and family that would NEVER support someone smoking weed, but have medicine cabinets full of everything you could want and are happy to share for whatever ailment you voice. This country has a major pill popping problem and legally prescribed opioids are the real gateway drug.

20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Idol or idle?

Edit: Not being the grammar police or glib. I wasn't sure if that was intentional or not.

Ya'll are pretty clever sometimes.:D

badmoon692008 likes this.