1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dorian

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Fuck tornadoes. Creepy how the homes in the background are not bothered at all. And why do they always hit the trailer park???

2. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

You have to click on all videos posted here, none of them auto play.

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Anyone in Halifax NS? Dorian's coming to visit.

4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

We had one come through town, 12/2018, and there are houses where one end is completely gone and the other end untouched. Or, a house is relatively untouched and the one next to it is gone. It went by me, 3 blocks over. Thankfully, we had advanced warning from sirens and no lost lives.

As it was coming into town. Scary stuff.
    34028E2C-C109-48F6-80B4-6FDBFF5B58AC.jpeg

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

BANG !! Right in the kisser.
    Hurricanes in Canada...whoda thunk it. :Poke:

BigBird and ducnut like this.
  6. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

IMG_49321.jpg
    There was one that obliterated a town just a few miles down the road this summer and luckily missed us. Wife got an awesome picture of it as it went by.

ducnut likes this.
  7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

By the time they get this far north, they're going so fast we hardly notice them. I've seen a few pass through Loudon during Saturday night so fast that it doesn't really affect the weekend at all.

8. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

The poor me donations are starting from the Bahamian government who did nothing to prepare and have no clue except lining their pockets as usual. Just like somehow 8 billion vanished in the black hole of Haiti. I have friends with a plane taking 3 trips a day doing real things and giving things to real people. Also fishing boats taking loads of dog food and supplies. Not asking for a donation, but after living in the Caribbean and the Bahamas for the last 15 years the money you donate to the govt will not make it to the people. Chose wisely if you give

9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

So true about scams poping up with every natural disaster, and govts stealing like ceazy..
    Friend of mine Kevin Farrel drove his boat across with $10k on donated supplies. He said there were lots of people making multiple trips doing same.

David-imoddavid and BigBird like this.
  10. Captain Morgan

Guess the made up VAT tax that appeared 3 years ago at 7.5% on all consumer goods, that was raised up to 13% last year can't pay for a hurricane. Oh wait, the made up tax never saw a change to the islands before the storm. Imagine if the US govt. said we are making a new tax on all food, restaurants, Marinas, hotels, and general consumer goods for 13 %. OK, now where is the hundreds of millions of dollars to help your Bahamians????

kangasj and MELK-MAN like this.
  11. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Whatever the government is or was up to, real normal and suffering people need help. Good on folks who extend their hand.

Steeltoe and BigBird like this.
  12. Captain Morgan

Thats not what I was saying, there are some legit organizations out there, usually good Samaritans with a plane or boat. I was in the d.r. when the earthquake hit in Haiti, and was working in the Exumas and took our boat back from the Bahamas for this storm. All I'm saying if your wives or friends get a bug up your ass to send money do your homework. What you think should and could work logically, erase that. Just google or whatever the best research you can find how much money was pumped in to haiti. I said 8 billion conservatively from actual figures I heard. Google has it up to 13.5, 15 billion, who knows. The only thing that is true is the country is still a shithole, the poorest country in the western hemisphere, after billions of dollars in donations and always will be a shithole no matter how much money you throw at them. The Bahamas is more civilized and love the people but not really sure how any check donations will actually make it to them

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. kangasj

kangasj Banned

They're spending it on infrastructure in the Abacos.......oh wait.....never mind.. The new airport in Marsh WAS nicer though...

ChemGuy likes this.
  14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

kangasj and Sabre699 like this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

dtalbott, MELK-MAN and Sabre699 like this.
  16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Pun intended, or ... ??

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Probably not...until you mentioned it.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

It was :) you know we have a generator caste in here