1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Use Ridesafely.com!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by RoadracerR123, Oct 11, 2006.

1. RoadracerR123

RoadracerR123 Well-Known Member

Ok I just bought a 2006 gsxr 600 for 5000 grand from ridesafely.com

the pictures did the bike no justice to the actual damage on the bike.
    There was frame damage I could hardly see (in the pictures, it's there but you don't know where to look)

I was also disappointed with the procedures of the company.

Payment must be done within hours of bidding.
    (you have to go to the bank and wire a deposit (10%) of the purchase price)

Odds are you won't get the bike you bid on, because the bid has to be high enough to win the actual auction that they bid on it for you.

If you win (it took me 5 trys to win)
    you have to wire the lump sum of money to their bank within two days.

You also have to fax copies to the office branch everytime you do anything.
    for example
    (the wire form)
    the notarized waiver
    the bill of sale form
    and the salvage title acknowledgment form:down:

I am sure there are good deals out there. I just want everyone to know that if it seems to good to be true. It probably is.

P.s. They don't tell you any bike history! Even if the bike runs or not.

Feel free if you have any questions.

2. Rhoades

Rhoades Well-Known Member

Try Crashed Toys. Great guys and I dont think they have had a complaint yet!!

3. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Ummm...then why did you bid? :p

StaccatoFan and duc995 like this.
  4. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

My experience with ridesafely.com was just the opposite. Bike had far less damage than anticipated (just rashed up plastic, a dinged exhaust and bent pegs, no idea why it was totalled), ran great, won an F-USA Team Challenge at Daytona the first time it hit the track about two weeks after I bought it and quite a few races after that. No snags or problems with the transaction, no complaints whatsoever. It was a good deal, and better than I expected, and the guys at ridesafely.com were friendly and helpful the entire time.

5. Omegaman

Omegaman All hondas all the time!

thats $5,000,000.00 !!! :Poke:

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. areceefittywon

areceefittywon Well-Known Member

Ridesafely is a HUGE rip-off.

7. Knarf Legna

Why is that?

8. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

said it once, i'll say it again. If you can't fart on the seat (and get the title at time of purchase) don't buy it

9. areceefittywon

areceefittywon Well-Known Member

A friend and I tried to buy a salvage title 600RR using them, long story short is that we ended up sending them $400 to cover the required 10% but the bike sold at the real auction for more. We were supposed to get our money back immediately if we didn't win the bike but it took about 2 months and a dozen calls for them to finally refund our 400 bucks. Ridesafely does nothing more than broker the deal. The same thing can be accomplished using a local dismantler and it will most likey be cheaper.

10. Knarf Legna

So if you got your money back how are they a rip-off? :confused:

BTW, they do more than broker deals, they also warehouse some of the vehicles. I know this for a fact, because I've been to their warehouse in Philly.

11. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

if it took 2months and me calling over and over again - id be pissed too!

12. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

maybe it has something to do with the location, good experience in Pennsylvania and bad in Cali.

13. Knarf Legna

Dunno. Aside from my good experience, RoadracerR123's complaints are not very legitimate IMO, the policies are clearly spelled out on the web site. If there's no detailed damage description of the item (no idea in his particular case) then the vehicle is sold AS IS. They take pretty good care to explain that in those cases they don't have any knowledge of the damage themselves, so I'm not sure what his complaint is. They don't know the history of the vehicle, and they don't know if it runs or not - but again that's clearly explained on their web site. Same thing with the deposit via bank wire, those terms are clearly specified on the web site.

And I don't understand why he's complaining about taking five bids to win an item - after all, it's a bid site, and if you don't bid high enough you're not going to get the vehicle. That's how it works. Whining after the fact about policies that he should have known going into the transaction is kinda lame, but again, that's just my opinion.

14. RoadracerR123

You are right, the terms are laid out. But one does not a sense of how laid out they actually are. For example I had to take time off work so I wouldn't incur a 100 dollar late fee. Futhermore, I couldn't find anywhere on the site that said I needed to fax a confirmation to the branch office.

In addition, the fact that they masked the damage by placing the seat on the bike, giving it the appearance that it was still in tact is deceiving. I don't mean to roast (well, actually, i do cause i am bitter) but I am just telling everyone my experience so people don't do what I did and freak out because they thought they had just won a brand new bike with minor damage for half the real price.:eek:

15. RoadracerR123

If there is any consolation, I ran the bike and the engine is super strong.

16. n2indy

n2indy Well-Known Member

On average, how long should the refund take? I paid via paypal and it literally took seconds. Why can't they refund it in the same manner. Oh, and I was only $100 off on my offer. Why am I thinking that I would always be off by $100 whatever the final price was?

-brent

17. RoadracerR123

You will only get the bike only if THEY can make money.

It is easy to get a refund, that is one thing they do well.

:up:

18. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Do you blame them? I don't think they'd be around long buying high and selling low.

19. CBR46

CBR46 Member

Anyone Know Of Any Located In California???

20. GottaRide72

GottaRide72 New Member

Our "ordeal" with Ridesafely.com

Hi,
    I was frustrated with Ridesafely.com and did a "google" search and found quite a few different forums about them & complaints.

My boyfriend bought a Harley from them in early June 2006. We did all the required steps...wiring the money within 24 hours of winning bid, sending all the required documents (I sent one copy via USPS Signature confirmation & faxed the other copy!) Now, it is March 2007 and we have still not been able to get the Title (actually it is just the Bill of Sale). To date now...we have sent in all the required documents (such as copy of drivers license, etc) a total of 5 times now!!!They have given us so many different stories of why they can't send it...once they have said they sent it but now we have to cough up another $50 dollars to have another Bill of Sale reissued to us! They said that they sent it regular mail and have no way of "tracking" it. This has been awful! Everytime we talk with them on the phone, they tell each of us a different story. I hope that people check them out before doing any type of business with them. Yes, we got a good deal on a Harley but we can't get it licensed because of this!:down:

Has anyone else had any problems getting their titles from RideSafely?

Thanks,
    Darla

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007