1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Mega Cab

Discussion in 'General' started by RCR_531, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Strick

Strick Good to be king

You can.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

can't disagree with that

3. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I can.:D

For me I would have to keep the Dodge body, Cummins engine, but the Ford interior.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ford interior won't fit in the Dodge body :D Maybe the Dodge front clip.

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And the Allison tranny

6. flypigs

flypigs Cold turkey since 2003

If you're looking for a big cab, you need to go drive a Tundra crew max, they are awesome. Much like the Megacab, the back seat belongs in a limo. The 5.7 engine puts out 381hp, and a little over 400lbs of torque. My double cab 4wd doesn't have many miles, but so far I've gotten 18 hwy and 15 city (it's hard to drive this thing w/ a light foot though).

On the down side, the suspension isn't equal to my old Dodge cummins, but I knew the Tundra wasn't a 3/4 ton truck. It squatted pretty bad when I loaded 2100lbs of pavers, and it was really sagging badly when I loaded a yard of crush & run. Even w/ those loads, it stopped better than my old truck though.

It definitely equals or bests the domestic 1/2 trucks. Seriously, just go drive one.

Pete

7. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I cant wait to see the Dually Toyota Diesel concept truck with the cat motor.

8. RCR_531

RCR_531 Well-Known Member

I looked at the Tundra but I can buy a Dodge with a Cummins cheaper.I don't know if the Cummins is worst the extra cost. The new Hemi is getting better fuel mileage,not as good as the Cummins but close.

9. luckyhat12

luckyhat12 Silly Blue Rider

It is worth it. I have never had anything pull like my diesel. I travel for work and everytime I return the rental cars I can't wait to get back home to drive my diesel. Doesn't even compare in my opinion.

10. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I looked at the Dodge diesel earlier this year. I didn't buy it because it is too loud inside. I ended up buying another Excursion. I bought the newest one I could find and I am going to try to make it last!

STEVE

11. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Really I thought my truck was pretty quiet. When you get hard on the gas you can hear the turbo a bit but other than that not much different than my Avalanche. It is loud with the windows down trying to order food but I can live with it.

12. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Face it, no Dodge diesel is as quiet as a Ford. I mean how loud is a Ford when it is sitting in the driveway or dealership broke down??:D :D

13. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

It was too loud for me, but maybe I'm sensitive! haha!

I really wanted one and I could get a killer deal because a customer of ours owns a bunch of dealerships. Once I drove it... it just wasn't the truck for me. I really like the Excursion. This is my second one. The first one went 190k miles for me and I hope to get more from this one. I also got the Eddie Bauer, leather, DVD, blah blah blah this time. It really helps since we travel to the races with our 3 year old daughter. Comfort is a lot more important than it used to be.

STEVE

14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I really like the new ford interiors. The auxillary switches are nice, as well as the brake controls. Overall just a better package. But the Dodge has, in a minimaist way, all that I need.

15. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I drove a few F350 and 2500HD's before I bought the Dodge. I really liked the inside of the Ford but the motor felt weak and I liked the ride on the Chevy but not the outside looks. So I bought the truck with the best motor and the best outside apperance :D

16. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Y'all do realize that since Toyota is in NASCAR now, that it's okay to come out and admit that Japanese trucks rule over all those commie union built 'Merican trucks. :Poke:

Ford and GM do make good soccer mom trucks, I'll concede.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Soccer mom trucks? Dude. Don't make me run over you in my soccer mom truck :D

18. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

I don't mess with you. Your avatar means you'll have that ittle dead girl from the well in "The Ring" after me. :wow:

19. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

Corolla dude
    don't worry it will never make it that far before it brakes down:Poke:
    Oh yeah you can buy a ford with the cummins
    f650 and f750

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Aw damn, now another hippy that needs running over :D