1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Mega Cab

Discussion in 'General' started by RCR_531, Oct 21, 2007.

1. RCR_531

RCR_531 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone has one and what you think of it. My wife is looking at buying a 2008 4x4 mega cab soon. Thanks

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I looked at one when it first came out and it was big. I thought is was typical dodge pickup quality (very good) with enough room to live in. Shoot, it was bigger inside than an apartment I had in college.

Problems: 1) too big for me. 2) it wasn't inexpensive. 3) I'd need a ladder to get in the damn thing and a parachute to get out. 4) I didn't need a pickup.

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

They are really, really good for traveling. Espescially if you have kids since you can get the entertainment package..

I would suggest that you get the diesel. The Hemi's are great engines but they really suck down the juice. The Cummins averages about 18-22mpg. With a loaded trailer your loooking at 12-15 for a big trailer. I hauled my 6x12 loaded and got 18 average.

Great truck, great quality.

4. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

So is this their problem or yours? :D

5. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

i think sameauge or the guy he races with owns one, all i can say is wow that thing is so freaking spacious, small bed from what ic but really nice.

6. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

just keep in mind that the huge cab causes the bed to be tiny. if you dont haul anything in the bed you will be set.

7. sdg

sdg *

There is a company making long bed conversions if you have to have both. Don't even think about it without the diesel.

8. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

:stupid:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bed is too short.

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Mongo is too tall...

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

panthercity is too old.

12. bambam454

bambam454 Well-Known Member

it uses the std. short bed from their pick up line. just small enough that you can't close the gate with a bike straight in. there is a company in texas doing the long bed conversions for about 10k. defiantly get the diesel and if you can get the 07 with the 5.9 vs the 08 with the 6.7. the 5.9 will get you better mileage from what i've heard.

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Dave K is too short...

14. luckyhat12

luckyhat12 Silly Blue Rider

Bed conversion is more like 5k for the long bed. There have been some issues with the new 6.7 motor just like all the other new diesels from every other manufacturer. BamBam is right about the 5.9. If you can find the 5.9 I would get it because they are proven. The new ones have all kinds of emmissions and particulate filters that cause them to get worse fuel economy and they aren't as easily modified.

I freaking love the room but I couldn't sacrafice the bed space when I was buying. I ended up getting the quad cab long bed. You can bet that if something catastrophic happens to my truck I will absolutely be buying the mega cab and I will probably spend the money on the long bed conversion.

I bought one of the 07's with the 5.9 and honestly wouldn't change anything on it other than getting the mega cab. I needed bed space though.

15. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

FWIW...

If your are looking at a Mega Cab, the 06's used are pretty cheap. Also, you can get the Mega Cab in a dually if you need it.

The long bed conversions are growing in popularity. If you haven't seen one, they are HUGE. But it really makes the most out of truck to have it.

16. bambam454

bambam454 Well-Known Member

17. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I looked at them when I was buying mine. The things are hard to come by used. I ended up with the 2007 2500 Quad-cab Diesel (last of the 5.9) and I love it. We have a 33 ft 5th wheel toy hauler and that thing pulls a rag doll. Now its time for some airbags :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  18. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Mongo's avatar reminds me of that film in "The Ring." :wow:

19. RCR_531

RCR_531 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the replies. We have three boys and that why we need all the room in the cab. She likes that the rear seats reciline and it has some storage.I think on the 2008 Dodge is offering the long bed,but 6.5 is long enough for us. With my work discount the truck is cheaper then any others. I know I married her for some reason she pays for the fuel to get to the track and now she will have a nice truck to pull our toyhauler.

Went back to Dodge.com and it only comes with the 6.25 bed.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  20. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!