1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dishwasher advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Oct 9, 2015.

1. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

I bought all GE appliance 10 years ago when I built the new house.. Every one of them without exception has had at least one major problem. The washer only lasted 5 years. The refrigerator lost the main board and the water valve. The motor went out on the dryer. The turntable in the convection oven quit turning. I'll never buy GE again. Cheap Chinese junk.

Check eBay and the interweb to see if you can find a new board for your Bosch D/W. Or try a used appliance shop, they have lots of stuff in the back.

2. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

IKEA stuff is made by whirlpool and has a 5yr warranty. We bought our fridge and range hood from them and so far so good (only 6mo).

Phl218 likes this.
  3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

The sad thing is that the majority of it is made right here in my hometown. But as someone that was supported by GE for a large portion of my life, I won't buy it either. I take that back...when I remodeled my kitchen I bought their oven for out second oven. It's been OK. And their microwave seems to be doing OK (it's been 4 years).

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

There was a voluntary recall on the motherboard, issued in '09 for my model washer mfg-ed '99-'05.
    Talked to the Bosch recommended service guy in the area. He said the motherboard isn't available. Bosch woulda paid for the repair. The guy says, "yeah, even if I could fix it, the motor would prolly go out a week later." :crackup:
    The alternative Bosch option is 40% off an online purchase for owners of the recall model.

Looking at features, what I like/don't like, and Bosch isn't makin' me want to jump up to spend $1K+.

What I'm looking at...tax it, deliver it, install it, haul the old one away and I'm good up to $1250.
    ($1260 woulda been the discounted price on Bosch's top model, shipped, but I get to r/r and dispose of the old one. For $1K+, it better install itself and pump the old one down the drain. :D)

Yzass is talking about some kinda bundle purchase now, to replace washer/dryer which also have issues of age. Gotta talk to the local pro shop...they have a large selection of everything and their product knowledge is hands-on.
    Appliances in Bloomsburg, Berwick and Danville PA | Flick Brothers Electric

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Now this is a $1000 dishwasher!

I bought a Bosch a few weeks ago, $450. I installed (super easy except the height of the heated tile floor made it a TIGHT squeeze. Old one went to the curb and the junk man snatched it up within an hour. It cleans well, but takes way too long and doesn't do a great job drying.

7. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

After Hurricane Sandy we bought all new Frigidaire kitchen stuff..its all ok but the dishwasher was labeled as the quietest dishwasher on the planet..and they werent kidding..the only time we hear it is when it drains..its great. All the other stuff is like ok nice stuff. The ice maker went once. But everything else has been trouble free.

8. pushystone

pushystone Well-Known Member

Asko makes great stuff.
    11 year old still working great - not one issue.
    quiet and more efficient than the Bosch.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Ayuh

Attached Files: